    SMS Guest

    Wow, I've never known anyone to buy computers based on their resale
    value. Kind of like buying a washing machine based on its resale value.

    SMS, Jun 9, 2006

  2. [BnH]

    ASAAR Guest

    If there's precious metal to be sucked out of an old Speed Queen,
    there'll be Rita, panning and agitating the hyperbole for gold.

    ASAAR, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Hey, don't laugh since recycling IT equipment is a very lucrative business.
    If AMD had any recyclable value I would buy AMD, but they don't so I don't.
    For home and office use there is nothing that can touch the Intel Xeon for
    performance and reliability. That's why I only use and recommend Intel.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 9, 2006
  4. LOL! Damn straight Jasper, I'll be looking for the copper! At $2.70 a
    pound it aint bad. If I can make a few bucks from discarded items that
    clueless fools like you throw away I'll be there with open arms. No shame
    in making money off of idiots.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 9, 2006
  5. [BnH]

    SMS Guest

    Hmm, that must be why all the big IT companies are switching to AMD
    Athlon 64 based systems. Google, Sun, now even Dell. Intel is getting
    its butt kicked in the high end, because of the Itanium fiasco.

    SMS, Jun 9, 2006
  6. [BnH]

    Lokari Guest

    It's all about choosing a task suited to one's skills, I suppose. If
    your skill lies in collecting other people's trash for recycling
    value, more power to you.

    While you're poking around in the trash for your $2.70 worth of
    copper, or reselling half the available used CPU brands, or whatever
    it is you do, the people who toss out that equipment are probably
    making a great deal more money in their professions. They're not
    idiots or fools for doing so. Quite the contrary - they're leaving
    such muckery to people like you, and focusing on their own business.

    Lokari, Jun 10, 2006
  7. [BnH]

    ASAAR Guest

    If said recommendees decline Xeons, do you still try to get them
    to buy only Intel's lesser processors, or does AMD now get other
    than a discouraging word? And yes, the skies have been cloudy all
    day. Quite a storm in progress right now.

    ASAAR, Jun 10, 2006
  8. Oh, absolutely! The point in my answer is there is value in just about
    everything; you just have to know who's trash to collect and what to look
    for and where to sell it. Governmental and corporate trash is chock full of
    high value goodies.
    I'm, not saying I would personally strip $2.70 worth of copper out of a
    washing machine, I'm just alluding to the fact that many things have value
    beyond what the average person realize. Yes, there are actually people that
    do though. As for recycling CPUs, servers, and IT equipment, you might want
    to rethink that statement. A knowledgeable recycler's profits can far
    surpass most of the "salaried" people using the equipment they disposed of.
    But, if you don't know this there really isn't any point in trying to
    explain it to you. As for the muckery, it's something that I enjoy doing
    and the nice profits are just extra gravy. Don't knock it till you try it,
    you might quit your day job.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 10, 2006
  9. LOL! Must be a boring night for you since you won't let this one die? No
    matter what others think about you I still think you're sexy when you get
    flustered.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 10, 2006
  10. [BnH]

    Lokari Guest

    Oh, I know it happens. People win the lottery from time to time, too,
    but that doesn't mean it's worth my time to run out and buy a ticket.

    I make a lot of money writing software - more, I'm quite sure, than I
    would reselling hardware discards.

    I'm competent with hardware, but I don't enjoy it. I much prefer
    programming and, as a programmer, I recognize which CPU (AMD) has the
    better bang for my buck.

    Lokari, Jun 10, 2006
  11. [BnH]

    ASAAR Guest

    So I've been told. But I can't help it, it always happens when
    I'm rubbed the wrong way.

    ASAAR, Jun 10, 2006
  12. Seems like Rita will be out of business within a few years... since she
    don't buy used AMDs... ;-)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, Jun 10, 2006