    Would I be realistically able to pass just through self study? MCDST
    involved Lab work, not included in the official books, how do you get hold
    of the MCSA Labs yourself?

    Mikoyan, Apr 14, 2009

  2. If they're Certified Learning Centers, and you're the type that needs a
    classroom environment to learn, then the only other question is the
    instructor. Go to the school, ask to meet the instructor(s), and see if they
    can convince you they know enough about the subject matter to be teaching
    you.

    However, classroom training is not a requirement to take the cert exams.
    Absolutely! In fact, I'd speculate that most of the MCSA candidates achieved
    their certifications through self-study and on-the-job experience.
    When you self-study, you use a slighly different set of materials. My
    recommendation is the Microsoft Press MCSA Training Kits. Typically these
    kits come with evaluation copies of the operating systems, and that combined
    with a free download of VirtualPC, or Virtual Server, allows you to setup
    your own training lab for performing the exercises -- which are contained in
    the books.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 14, 2009

  3. Mikoyan

    Mikoyan Guest

    Hi Lawrence,

    Thanks for the advice. I'll try the self study route using the study kit.

    Mikoyan, Apr 15, 2009
  4. Mikoyan

    John Carry Guest

    John Carry, May 7, 2009