    To pass the A+ certification exam (and *know* the content) what do I need,
    other than the study guide?

    Thanks,

    Vantage, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Vantage

    Butterfield Guest

    Which study guide?

    Butterfield, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Vantage

    graham Guest

    how did you find the MCDST? i've gone the other way - first passed the
    A+, failed the N+ ( by 5 points.. :( ...) but hoping to re-take a new
    course in October.. and now in the process of getting geared up for the
    MSDST exam. I've got the exam scheduled for Monday afternoon - any
    pointers??
    Graham

    graham, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Vantage

    Vantage Guest

    Don't bother concerntrating on to many of the Word (and other Office)
    Options tabs, I only had one question there for that stuff. Study mainly
    connectivity, customization, security WITHIN a domain environment. I got a
    899 on 271, and 890 on 272, but I concentrated to much on configuring Word
    option type tabs.

    I used the MS Press books, and on 272 I really don't think the messureup
    practise exams were challenging enough, especially compared with the 271
    practise exams. I was getting 92-98% on the prac. exams for 272, so I felt a
    little miffed about it.

    I guess the main advice i can give is get as much experience in the domain
    environment as possible, and focus your study on the subjects/components you
    don't like! thats one thing I've learned from this last exam... got 95-100%
    on the area's I enjoy and lower on those that I don't.

    Vantage, Mar 23, 2006
  5. Vantage

    Vantage Guest

    I haven't got one yet, I've gone for MSPress for my M$ subjects, what do you
    recommend?

    Vantage, Mar 23, 2006