    photos so they don't become an unruly mess to deal with over time.

    thanks

    Peter

    PeterH, Feb 8, 2004

  2. PeterH

    Bobby Guest

    Bobby, Feb 8, 2004

  3. I suggest two things. First select some software to help you. I use
    "Adobe Photoshop Album." It makes all the organization easy by providing
    both organization tools and an organization concept.

    Maybe more important is the need to thin the ranks. Get rid of all but
    the best. The rest just get in the way and lower your overall quality
    level. Don't allow that little voice that says you might need it some day
    get the best of you. Delete any questionable photos.

    Joseph Meehan, Feb 8, 2004
  4. PeterH

    Tom Guest

    This is a no-brainer.

    Go here: http://www.photools.com/

    Get iMatch. Never look back. Will work for newbie to pro.

    Tom

    Tom, Feb 8, 2004
  5. PeterZiminski, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Following up this question with another question, are there any
    photo library apps that work with RAW files? Right now I've just
    got a directory containing a few thousand shots and I'd like to
    organize them somehow.

    The Microsoft Digital Imaging Library that someone posted a link to
    looked really nice but not sure about the RAW support. I wouldn't
    use any of the editing features either (that's what PS is for), just
    the cataloguing features.

    - awh

    Drew Hamilton, Feb 9, 2004
  7. PeterH

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    What's 'best' for you may be totally useless to me and vice versa. Find a
    good configurable image management program (I use ThumbsPlus
    <www.cerious.com>) and set it up to work the way YOU want.

    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 9, 2004
  8. PeterH

    Bobby Guest

    AFAIK Digital Image Pro works with RAW files -- and - believe me - once
    you've used some of DIP's automation facilities, you will use it in
    preference to PS (I've all but stopped using PS since installing DIP). It
    has powerful batch processing facilities that will make short work of your
    photos.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Feb 9, 2004
  9. PeterH