    The GE Radeon9600 pro looks prety good @$190+GST

    I'm told I should get one to handle divx9.0

    any one got any suggestions

    Roger Marriott, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Not to hot has limited Pipes.

    The Nvidia FX5900XT that is a DX9 card and has all its bits, just slower
    ram..

    Plenty of reviews on them..

    And the ATI is the 9800..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 3, 2004

  3. Roger Marriott

    Gurble Guest

    9800 for $200? Don't think so...

    Gurble, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Roger Marriott

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I don't do ATI, nVidia only sorry.
    That's DX9, or, more accurately Microsoft DirectX 9.0b.
    Umm, the best nVidia card you can find in your price-range. If you can
    stretch your budget a little an FX5600 or FX5700 (*not XT*) would be good.
    Either can be had for between $210~$250 if you look around.

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_16.html#g143

    ~misfit~, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Roger Marriott

    ofn01 Guest

    what does the XT mean & why is it bad?

    what motherboard would u currently recommend to compliment the FX5600 and
    say a Pentium2.4ghz chip?

    ofn01, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Roger Marriott

    ~misfit~ Guest

    XT means different things to different companies. With nVidia XT means
    budget, a cut-down version. With ATI XT means premium, a souped-up version.
    Sorry, I don't do Intel. (Except some older, second-hand stuff I have)
    Someone should be able to help though.

    Good luck.

    ~misfit~, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Geeeeeze, an 9800 or 5900xt for less than $200 (as per the topic)
    For an extra $25 perhaps a 6800 Ultra

    Steve Robertson, Jul 4, 2004

  8. Slow speed on some cases, but in the FX5900XT its still a good card..

    THhe FX5600 does not support DX9

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 4, 2004

  9. No the chap refered to a DX9 Card, these are the lowest that support all the
    DX9 Features..

    If you want DX9c support then you will have to get a 6800.

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 4, 2004
  10. Roger Marriott

    ~misfit~ Guest

    *ALL* the DX9 Features woger? I'd sure like to see where you found that
    bullshit.

    ~misfit~, Jul 4, 2004
  11. Roger Marriott

    ~misfit~ Guest

    All of the nVidia FX range have partial DX9 support. None of them (or any
    other card on the market) have *full* DX9 support.

    Woger loves his FX5900XT so much he believes lies about it. I bet it's
    sheathed in rubber he loves it that much.

    ~misfit~, Jul 4, 2004

  12. Dick Head my FX5900XT has FULL DX9 support so time to grow up you stupid
    little boy..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 4, 2004

  13. Try and run the Dawn Demo on a FX5700 card, disk head..

    Gee why are you such full of Shit, or is it because you just don't have a
    brain, seem like it from the Crap posts I read on Usenet from you..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 4, 2004
  14. Roger Marriott

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I don't want to grow up, 43 is plenty old enough thanks.

    Prove it Roger. A formal challenge. Post a respectable website reference
    that says your crippled card has *FULL* DX9 support.

    Or are you full of shit?

    ~misfit~, Jul 4, 2004
  15. Roger Marriott

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "disk head", I like it.
    <sarcasm/>

    Then stop reading the scat groups I post to

    </sacasm>

    ~misfit~, Jul 4, 2004
  16. which version of DX9?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2004