    this (and revise) and would there be any need to get study software (like
    the Transcender software)?

    Thanks

    Keith, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Keith

    Ogre Guest

    Good for you!!
    It's all in the eye of the beholder. I prefer beer, a hawt chick, 4
    computers, TechNet, MS Press book, Sybex Books, Transenders, a hawt
    chick and beer.
    Yes and Yes. Any program that promises you that they will give you all
    that you need is a giant pile of steaming cow dung and should be avoided.

    Ogre, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Keith

    Jaf Guest

    Yes
    No joke! o:)

    And you need a test environment, at least a couple of servers and one or two XPs. But you don't need that much hardware. I've used Virtual Server running on my laptop: Download free trial, it works for some months: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/trial/default.mspx Your goal should be to complete all exams before the trial period ends ...

    Jaf
    --- who passed the last exam for the MCSE 2003 today

    Jaf, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Keith

    Huddleston Guest

    Congrats!

    VMWare also has a 30-day eval period -- go to www.vmware.com. It really is
    amazing. It lets you not only simulate multiple servers on one machine, but
    it can also simulate RAID arrays, etc.

    Huddleston, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Keith

    microsoft Guest

    Very important additional information, you will find
    useful:

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessments are very important to
    Certified Professionals

    Organizations now require certified professionals take
    these assessments to verify their currency with today's
    technology. Microsoft Skills Assessment Support
    Information (SASI) is especially useful for certified
    professionals who require basic support that mitigates
    urgent assessment needs quickly. Whether YOU are a
    Microsoft ® Certified Professional or just getting
    started, these SASI assessments are for you.

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessment Address:
    Microsoft ® Evaluation Address:
    http://disnetinc.com/Microsoft_Evaluation.htm

    Microsoft Administrator
    Email:

    microsoft, Mar 4, 2005
  6. Keith

    CBIC Guest

    How I hope you burn in H3ll you filthy spammer. Please go kill yourself and
    spare the rest of us from your garbage. Oh and must you post it so many
    times to the same NG? assplug.

    CBIC, Mar 4, 2005
  7. Keith

    shane Guest

    I took 6 Microsoft courses in college, as required for a networking
    degree. At the time it was all Windows 2000. Pro, Server, Infrastructure,
    AD, Networking, and Security. The books averaged $115 each. The books
    were Thomson Course Technology (e.g.http://www.course.com/). Professor was
    great, and the learning environment too. My problem is that all six books
    seemed to cover the exact same things repeatedly, just changing the
    chapter numbers and adding maybe a chapter or two of new things. If it
    were not a requirement for the degree, I probably would have been better
    off with a server and client at home. On the other hand, I have been in
    the Cisco Networking Academy program for roughly a year, and it is
    definitely great, mainly b/c of equipment and having an unbelievable
    professor. MS classes weren't very great IMO, I'd do it at home.

    shane, Mar 5, 2005