    Server to ISA server setup?

    What would you recommend?

    Thanks

    Jamco, May 4, 2005

  2. First of all, a really stable leased line, not just DSL.
    2nd, cisco, no question.
    If you want to go a cheaper route, your branch office must be able to "live
    independently" for some time (until ISP has fixed the line, router is
    exchanged and reconfigured, vpn is in sync again and whatever).
    For 50 users I would recommend a branch AD/Terminal server, depending upon
    the accepted downtimes due to line failures, and the costs by transfer
    volume: reducing that volume on expensive connections will pay off in the
    long run. And remember, there is always the caterpillar in between ...

    Walter Mautner, May 5, 2005