    Hello! I need to copy video from scratched DVD. Does who knows, which
    programm can copy it?

    , Feb 12, 2006

  2. Baz Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello! I need to copy video from scratched DVD. Does who knows, which
    > programm can copy it?

    You need hardware. not software.
    You have to repair the DVD.
    You can't expect software to reconstruct what isn't there.

    Baz, Feb 12, 2006

  3. Baz wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello! I need to copy video from scratched DVD. Does who knows, which
    >>programm can copy it?

    > You need hardware. not software.
    > You have to repair the DVD.
    > You can't expect software to reconstruct what isn't there.

    try DVD Decrypter

    Mike O'Sullivan, Feb 12, 2006
  4. "Mike O'Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > Baz wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hello! I need to copy video from scratched DVD. Does who knows, which
    >>>programm can copy it?

    >> You need hardware. not software.
    >> You have to repair the DVD.
    >> You can't expect software to reconstruct what isn't there.
    >>

    > try DVD Decrypter

    DVDFab Decrypter is better with damaged discs.

    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

    Stephen

    Stephen Stewart, Feb 12, 2006
  5. Guest

    I found programm, which can copy CDs and DVD (and free :) - KilLoader.
    But thnks you very much!

    , Feb 12, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Hello! I need to copy video from scratched DVD. Does who knows, which
    >programm can copy it?

    I've found the best program for recovering data - and this is from
    DVDs I've recorded - is IsoBuster.

    When it hits bad sections it retries and retries and in the end
    when it can't recover anything it asks if you would like to fill
    with zeroes, dummy data, or ignore. And asks if you wish to
    repeat.

    It will find erased files on disks providing you haven't done
    a full-fomrat on +RW or -RW - as it hunts for data by it's file
    signature.

    The latest version will create a type of an image that you can then
    furhter process, and has an option that lets you try to fill in
    parts that can't be read by re-reading from another DVD/DVDR device
    in your PC if you have more than one.

    Since it works as the lower levels you need to be at least a little
    familiar with things. It's recovered items I thought were
    impossible - and at times I've let it run overnight.

    There is a free version and a more enhanced version that you can
    upgrade to for $29.

    But if you have truly destroyed the data on your scratched DVD
    you'll have to put up with blockiness on anything that you recover.
    Many programs don't like non-readable sections, but such things
    as DVDDecrypter and it's descendants will let you set options to
    ignore errors. This will give bad pictures at places in playback
    but it's better than nothing if this is the only copy of the video
    you have.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 12, 2006
  7. none Guest

    I have heard there is a way to polish the scratches out if they aren't
    too bad. But I don't know how to do it. google

    none, Feb 13, 2006
  8. AZ Nomad Guest

    On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:33:19 -0600, none <> wrote:

    >I have heard there is a way to polish the scratches out if they aren't
    >too bad. But I don't know how to do it. google

    paint polish

    Don't waste your money on kits sold at audio or electronics stores. They
    don't work any better and barely give you enough for a dozen applications.
    Get some turtle-wax paint polish and you'll have a lifetime supply for a third
    the cost.

    AZ Nomad, Feb 13, 2006
  9. none Guest

    Thanks,

    I'll try that, but I'll use coasters to experiment on.

    none, Feb 14, 2006
  10. paulreno

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Buy some "T-CUT" colour restore car polish. But be CAREFUL! Only use a small amount and don't work it in too much, otherwise it won't play at all! And work from the middle out in straight lines - not around the disc in circles.

    paulreno, Aug 20, 2012