    satisfactory blending and the resulting picture shows obvious breaks.

    Thanks.

    Pat

    patetc, Oct 10, 2006

  2. patetc

    frederick Guest

    Autostitch:
    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

    An exception to the rule that you get what you pay for. It's free and
    outstanding for the need you describe.

    frederick, Oct 10, 2006

  3. patetc

    Don Wiss Guest

    Your subject says best. But then inside your message you ask for a simple
    one. If by best you mean the best quality results, you want PTGui. But to
    have all the power there is a steep learning curve. The simple programs
    will produce decent results if you took the pictures perfectly, but if the
    horizon isn't exactly in the middle of the image, you will have problems.
    PTGui can fix those.

    Don Wiss, Oct 10, 2006
  4. patetc

    Dave Guest

    Try Hugin from Sourceforge.It's a GUI for Panorama Tools.The whole
    package is free and available here
    http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
    It gives you a lot of control on the merging(maybe too much if you want
    simple)

    Dave

    Dave, Oct 10, 2006
  5. patetc

    §håz Guest

    *patetc* typed message:

    || I'm looking for an easy to use, inexpensive, program for making
    || panoramas or 3 or more prints.
    || I tried the merge feature in Photoshop Elements but it doesn't do
    || satisfactory blending and the resulting picture shows obvious breaks.
    || Thanks.
    || Pat

    I Like Panorama Factory.

    §håz, Oct 10, 2006
  6. patetc

    miles Guest

    Thats odd. I've used Elements and had excellent results. I could
    barely see where the breaks were. I have to really look close to tell.

    miles, Oct 10, 2006
  7. patetc

    simon Guest

  8. patetc

    Conrad Guest

    Hi,

    This is a little off topic but it's a question that bothers me.

    Where do you print panoramas? I used to use Epson's 8+x23+ single sheet
    paper. However, it appears Epson doesn't sell this anymore.

    I realize that I could buy a roll printer - but econmics rules this
    out.

    Are there reliable and good quality sites that print panoramas?

    Best,

    Conrad
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    PS To get back on target - I used and liked Panorama Factory.

    Conrad, Oct 10, 2006
  9. patetc

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Just cut the roll paper to whatever length you need, set up a custom
    paper size in your printer driver and print.
    -
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 10, 2006
  10. patetc

    Dave Cohen Guest

    There are many exceptions to that rule, so many in fact I would suggest
    a rule like 'make sure you know what you're paying for if you're paying
    a lot'. The real exceptions are:
    a) You are rich and money doesn't matter
    b) Someone else (like the boss you don't like) is footing the bill.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 10, 2006
  11. patetc

    Ronald Hands Guest

    I'm a Photoshop Elements fan, but I had one panorama which simply
    wouldn't line up smoothly in Adobe's program. Autostitch did it
    perfectly -- and I have the 35-inch-wide print sitting above my desk to
    prove it.
    Since it's free, and easy to use, I'd say give Autostitch a try.

    -- Ron

    Ronald Hands, Oct 10, 2006
  12. patetc

    QX Guest