    as AA and AAA NiMH cells. I use AA rechargeables in a _lot_ of devices,
    but for cameras it's not only the issue of capacity that makes Li-Ion
    preferable.

    SMS, Apr 7, 2008

  2. Daniel Prince

    SMS Guest

    Here's one set of definitions which goes by volume (and thickness in
    some cases), YMMV:

    Professional SLR with integrated vertical grip: Canon 1Ds Mark II,
    Nikon D2x, etc. [>1500 cc without lens]

    Large SLR: Canon 40D, Nikon D80, etc. [1000 cc-1500 cc, without lens]

    Small SLR: Canon EOS-350D, Olympus E-330, etc. [<1000 cc without lens]

    SLR-Like (ZLR): Olympus C-8080, Sony F-828, Canon Pro-1, Canon Sx IS,
    [>500 cc, 5x and up zoom]

    Compact: Canon G series, Nikon Coolpix 8800 etc. [>350 cc, up to 4x zoom]

    Sub-Compact: Canon A series, etc. [200-350 cc]

    Ultra-Compact: Canon SD8xx series, etc. [125-200 cc]

    Thin Ultra-Compact: [20-25 mm thick and <125 cc]

    Ultra-Thin, Ultra-Compact: [<20 mm thick and <125 cc]
    Not in stone, but still widely used by manufacturers and reviewers.

    SMS, Apr 7, 2008