    Rudy Benner Guest

    What are some of the better plugins for Photoshop? Please.

    Rudy B.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Rudy Benner

    Stacey Guest

    I like ultra sharpen lite for a freeware one that works good. The pro
    version is cool and it's only $15.

    Stacey, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Rudy Benner

    [BnH] Guest

    B+W Digital filters series .... really a god sent.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Feb 16, 2005
  4. Rudy Benner

    Steve Kramer Guest

    Try the 'Extensis' line of products and the 'nik Color Efex Pro.' I find
    them both very useful.

    Steve Kramer
    "PhotoEnvisions" Freelance Photography
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    http://www.photoenvisions.com

    Steve Kramer, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Rudy Benner

    Pete D Guest

    DCE Tools. Excellent.

    Pete D, Feb 16, 2005
  6. Rudy Benner

    Owamanga Guest

    It depends on what you want to do.

    The two I use most often are:

    Kodak's Digital GEM Airbrush plugin does an excellent job of
    'beautifying' faces in just a few clicks:
    http://www.asf.com/products/plugins/airpro/pluginAIRPRO.asp

    nik Sharpener Pro, which sharpens the image based on your destination
    print dimensions and capability:
    http://www.nikmultimedia.com/sharpenerpro/usa/entry.php

    My advice would be to spend any time you waste hunting for plugins
    learning layers, masks, channels, graduations, and the curves tool
    first.

    Owamanga, Feb 16, 2005
  7. Rudy Benner

    rafe bustin Guest

    rafe bustin, Feb 16, 2005
  8. Rudy Benner

    gsum Guest

    Yes you need to know the PS basics but if you want consistent results
    reasonably quickly then using filters is far more effective. It's not
    necessary to hunt for long - just search for NIK. These filters
    simulate various monochrome film types and simulate lens filters
    e.g. graduated filters, polarisers etc. Its also possible to 'pep up'
    dull landscapes by use of the sunlight filters. Some of these effects
    are hard to apply and very time consuming when using the PS controls.

    Graham

    gsum, Feb 16, 2005
  9. Rudy Benner

    Pritchard Guest

    Pritchard, Feb 16, 2005
  10. Rudy Benner

    Owamanga Guest

    No. It works by removing the hot spots / glare (the whitest parts).
    Histogramically, the face is probably slightly darker afterwards. It
    lessens the requirement for the model to use anti-reflective makeup
    such as powders etc. I guess it makes darker areas lighter too (under
    the eyes), but for any image where a direct flash was used, that
    change is far less obvious.

    Owamanga, Feb 16, 2005
  11. Bart van der Wolf, Feb 16, 2005
  12. Rudy Benner

    Pritchard Guest

    Thassa gud Klan Boy! - yo' be sure an' stay in yo' knennel, yo' hear?! -
    lessen I have to come down here lickety-split an' wup yo' fat honky ass
    again!

    No mo' tawk 'bout 'New Yawk Joos', and no mo' callin' the Brothers 'coon' -
    else I'll git real mad, and before long yo' be hollerin' fo' mercy what you
    ain't gonna get! - so yo' lissen up now!

    Pritchard, Feb 16, 2005
  13. racist crap; deleted.

    I wonder why so many replied to the original troll bait. It does tend to
    encourage the truly deranged to chime in.

    John McWilliams, Feb 16, 2005
  14. Rudy Benner

    Pritchard Guest

    ---

    Well,John (may I call you John?) it was, of course, 'bait' - and I was
    gratified to see how eagerly Mr Owamanga (he sounds like a Nigerian scammer,
    doesn't he!) devoured it.

    Naturally, a lot depends upon the skill with which the bait is presented -
    and, although I say it myself, I am something of a Master Baiter.....

    However, it's worth remembering the observations made by kindly Dr Joseph
    Goebbels, who remarked that 'The most effective lie contains an element of
    truth". In the case of Mr Owamanga, his prior willingness to post offensive
    material about Jews, blacks, and disabled people obviously made him
    sensitive to critism.

    After all, 'no smoke without fire', and all that....

    Pritchard, Feb 16, 2005
  15. Er, yeah, I guess so; fine. But I wonder if any one of us might not be
    provoked into something or other that's not good.

    Anyway, seems you have really made your points, and I thank you for a
    straightup reply.

    John McWilliams, Feb 16, 2005
  16. Rudy Benner

    RSD99 Guest

    :))

    Sounds perfect for that person posting under the name

    Pritchard

    RSD99, Feb 16, 2005
  17. Rudy Benner

    Rudy Benner Guest

    SNIP EVERYTHING

    Thanks for all the relevant and useful information. Not only did I learn
    something about plug ins, I also learned who the assholes are.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 16, 2005
  18. Rudy Benner

    Pritchard Guest

    --

    Awwww, Bless - you can go to bed a happy bunny tonight then, can't you?

    (try not to dream of Owamanga, though - the nightmarish spectre of the
    Reichsfurhrer crunching on the bones of New York photographic retailers who
    happen to be Jewish is enough to make you piss the mattress in fear)

    Pritchard, Feb 16, 2005
  19. Rudy Benner

    Rudy Benner Guest

    I do not waste my precious time giving thought to things like that, it seems
    that you do. I do not need your blessing or your approval.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 16, 2005
  20. Rudy Benner

    Pritchard Guest

    Absolutely! - during the long dark UK evenings I think of very little else
    (except, possibly, trying to decide which is the best camera shop to steal
    things from)

    ---
    Of course not, but (and here's a tip) you do, presumably, want the blessing
    and approval of the photography mad worthies who are struggling (vainly, it
    would seem) to retain control of this newsgroup - and they will accord you
    neither benediction if you keep fattening up Trolls.

    Trolls are nasty little creatures who are best ignored.

    Pritchard, Feb 16, 2005