Best place to buy inkjet photo paper for a good price?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by usenetdg, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. usenetdg

    usenetdg Guest

    I have an HP 920c printer and have been more than delighted with my
    results printing photos on HP paper (specifically its premium glossy
    paper).

    But what is the most cost-effective means for me to obtain this paper?

    1. Since most of my printed photos (not all, by any means) are 4x6,
    should I buy the preformatted 4x6 sheets?

    2. Or should I buy the 8.5x11" sheets, which can hold up to four 3.5x5
    prints, plus any number of smaller "nonstandard" crops?

    3. Whether the small or bigger sheets of paper, where is the most
    cost-effective place to buy it? Online? WalMart? Some kind of a
    wholesale club? I keep thinking that it's got to be cheaper than
    whatever prices I might see at an OfficeMax or Staples.

    Not that I feel like experimenting, but can anyone recommend an "off
    brand" of photo paper that might produce satisfactory, cheaper results
    with this printer?

    usenetdg, Dec 9, 2003

  2. usenetdg

    C Guest

    Sam's Club online has Ilford Gallerie Smooth Glossy paper available: 100
    sheets for $25, a considerable savings over what can be found online from
    any other source. Local Sam's Clubs may have it stocked.

    I am using a Canoon i960 and have been getting excellent results with this
    paper.

    C, Dec 11, 2003

  3. usenetdg

    bencon Guest

    Sam's Club online has Ilford Gallerie Smooth Glossy paper available: 100
    Yeah, but if you go to Staples.com, ou will find it at a very
    reasonable price, and they have free shipping/holiday deals, etc. It
    is actually a great place to do shopping around the holidays b/c they
    run so many deals

    bencon, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Costco rocks. Has 120 sheets of epson for $19.

    Paul D. Sullivan, Dec 13, 2003
  5. usenetdg

    Donald Link Guest

    Office Max had a sale of Kodak photo or buy 1 get 1 free. Wait around for
    sales such as these. Takes a little research but you can find some real
    bargains on quality paper.

    Donald Link, Dec 13, 2003

  6. Very nice price. A pack of 50 at Best Buy is $22.99 right now.

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 14, 2003