Best Online Store

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by PW, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. PW

    PW Guest

    Just a curious question, I'm sure this has been
    asked a kajillion times before:

    What is the best online retailer as far as
    getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE?

    Right now, I don't buy DVDs online,
    but if I could find the BEST retailer
    that delivers and ships DVDs so they show
    up ON THE STREET DATE (or even before),
    I might start.

    Nothing against regular retail stores
    (I worked at one for 9 years...<shudder>)
    Just wanting to get some good information
    for future use.

    Thanks for any help,

    PW

    PW, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Been using DVD Pacific last 2 months or so and they have been shipping my
    pre orders up to a week before street date. With Priority shipping I am
    getting them 2 to 3 days before street. Hope they can keep it up.

    Brent Hughley, Oct 21, 2003

  3. PW

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << What is the best online retailer as far as
    getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE? >>

    Provided you make a pre-order two or three weeks in advance, you can try
    deepdiscountdvd.com.

    About 95% of my pre-orders have come on -- or before -- the street date,
    including the two "Dick Van Dyke" sets this morning.

    SoHillsGuy, Oct 22, 2003
  4. PW

    jtown Guest

    : Just a curious question, I'm sure this has been
    : asked a kajillion times before:

    : What is the best online retailer as far as
    : getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE?

    : Right now, I don't buy DVDs online,
    : but if I could find the BEST retailer
    : that delivers and ships DVDs so they show
    : up ON THE STREET DATE (or even before),
    : I might start.

    : Nothing against regular retail stores
    : (I worked at one for 9 years...<shudder>)
    : Just wanting to get some good information
    : for future use.

    If you'll really be so devastated if your shipment doesn't arrive
    exactly on the right day, I suggest you stick with regular retail
    stores.

    Seriously.

    If a couple of days is that important, then it must be worth a
    few extra bucks to be absolutely certain that you'll receive it
    on the street date.

    I don't think _any_ online store is going to give you an
    absolute guaranteed delivery date unless you pay for 2-day or
    next-day shipping...which will cost more than the additional
    markup of a local retail store. Save the online purchases for
    titles that have already been released.

    Jamie

    jtown, Oct 26, 2003