    old - 2003 or 2004 models.

    Thanks for sharing your experience....

    Sam

    slowreader, Dec 22, 2005

  2. slowreader

    [BnH] Guest

    Try Fuji F11.
    People are raving abouts its performance in ISO 800, although not for indoor
    stage performance as it is still a DSLR + pro lens field.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Dec 22, 2005

  3. Even with a dSLR set on high ISO, that's still gonna be a 5 second
    shot. Sounds like the first thing you should try is a tripod.
    Anything slower than, oh, about 1/15th is gonna need a tripod.

    Steve Cutchen, Dec 22, 2005
  4. I'm not sure what you're looking for in a camera, but you need a tripod or
    other stabilizer for your camera for long exposures. Nobody is going to
    hand hold a 20-second exposure without complete smearing or without some
    kind of support.

    Phil Stripling, Dec 22, 2005
  5. slowreader

    Paul Brians Guest

    Take a look at the shot I took this weekend with my new Canon PowerShot
    A610. Turned off flash and left the camera on its auto settings. I took
    three shots, of which this was the least blurred. No tripod, but I
    braced the camera on top of a railing at the end of the ferry dock.
    This is the night ferry arriving at the Seattle Colman Dock from
    Bainbridge Island. Warning: This is a full-resolution jpg, not reduced
    from the way it came out of the camera, so don't open it unless you're
    prepared to deal with a big file. But it will give you something to
    evaluate this camera by for lights-at-night shots.

    I'll take down the photo in a couple of weeks to conserve room on my
    site, so if you're reading this message after January 15 or so, it
    won't be there.

    http://www.pbrians.com/nightferry.jpg

    Paul Brians, Dec 22, 2005