    need not be free... I'm willing to pay. So what do you recommend looking
    into?

    tia

    Slacker, Nov 9, 2004

  2. My first mistake yesterday was trying to update my firewall
    (Outpost) to a
    newer SP2 friendly ver. It ended up taking a dump on me.

    Anyway, I'm looking for a SP2 friendly, reliable, leak free
    firewall. It

    --
    Slacker

    Hello "Slacker"!!

    I had PC Firewall before installing SP2,
    after I installed SP2, I disabled Sp2 Firewall I kept
    PC Firewall have no problems.

    I read from experts it is not good idea to have two active
    Firewalls.
    If You plan to replace "Outpost" I would suggest a Firewall
    that controls Inbound & Outbound Traffic on Your Computer.
    LOLuck. [email protected]

    [email protected], Nov 9, 2004

  3. Slacker

    staple Guest

    My first mistake yesterday was trying to update my firewall (Outpost) to a
    ZoneAlarm
    www.zonelabs.com
    the free version is sufficient for most, but the full version has more
    features

    staple, Nov 9, 2004
  4. My first mistake yesterday was trying to update my firewall (Outpost) to a
    newer SP2 friendly ver. It ended up taking a dump on me.

    Anyway, I'm looking for a SP2 friendly, reliable, leak free firewall. It
    need not be free... I'm willing to pay. So what do you recommend looking
    into?

    I have F-Secure AV/Firewall combo and it is SWEET. It runs quietly in the
    background to the point I don't even know it is there. The AV is awesome,
    too. No sluggishness or anything on my PC.

    http://www.f-secure.com/

    Armchair Einstein, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Slacker

    Parko Guest

    A hardware firewall. Use an old PII and something Linuxy with a web
    interface to configure it and some PCI cards appropriate to yout needs.
    http://www.smoothwall.org/
    http://www.guardiandigital.com/products/software/community/
    http://coyotelinux.com/

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Nov 9, 2004
  6. Slacker

    why? Guest

    ^^^^^^^^^ Looks interesting, didn't know about that one. Thanks.

    Me

    why?, Nov 9, 2004