Best iPod manager (not iTunes) for Windows ??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Synapse Syndrome, Nov 24, 2007.

  1. I want to use my iPod on more than one Windows machine, and I do not like
    iTunes much anyway.

    I have been using Anapod, and it is very good, but I was wondering if
    anybody who has tried a few of these programs has an opinion on anything
    better?

    Tried:
    Anapod http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/
    It's got good features, but a bit rough around the edges, and support is
    really bad.

    Is this any better?
    XPlay 2 http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplay/

    This looks pretty good. It is a plugin for WMP11, but has a really weird
    name:
    MGTEK dopisp http://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/

    Does anybody know of any other programs that are better and worth looking
    into, or have an opinion on any of these? I am looking for opinions so I do
    not have to clutter my computer with all these programs, and possibly
    confuse my iPod.

    Cheers

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Oh, by the way, I am not interested in using the iPod for anything apart
    from music. No video, notes, calendar, etc...

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Synapse Syndrome

    Mmm Guest

    I haven't used any of these product, but I use mediamonkey. I'm quite
    happy, seems to work without any major problems, and the forums are
    busy enough to get most questions answered quickly.

    They are close to a new release with a bunch of new features that I
    haven't tried yet.

    There is a free version, but imo its worth the low cost for the paid
    version - not to mention worth supporting the developers.

    mh

    Mmm, Nov 25, 2007