    If I need to supply more information, please ask away!

    Thanks for any help,
    Chris

    christopher.crn, Apr 19, 2008

  2. christopher.crn

    stephen Guest

    the important bit here is missing - what are you trying to achieve?

    do you need to keep the 2 networks separate at all?

    if not, just Cat 5 or fibre between the 2 switches and you have a link.
    the main complication after that is making sure any servers etc do not have
    address clashes, and only running 1 copy of DHCP.

    or - if they need to maintain separate networks (ie you need to be able to
    split the sites again later maybe),
    then that is different.
    layer 3 switch.

    entry level Cisco would be a Cat 3560, or a few other choices.

    stephen, Apr 19, 2008

  3. I would like to have connectity between the networks and be able to
    use computer names to locate computers from either side. On the other
    hand I want packets to stay on thier own side of the fence unless they
    need to cross to the other side (ie No Broadcast).
    Thanks, I will take a look at this model..

    christopher.crn, Apr 20, 2008