    Can anyone suggest an alternative software ?

    Thanks!

    -RS-

    RS, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Can anyone suggest an alternative software ?

    iPhoto...oops, that's for Mac. :)

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 9, 2003

  3. RS

    Rafe B. Guest

    XnView. Free download. Nice program.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Oct 9, 2003
  4. RS

    John Guest

    I use Thumbs Plus. it does contact sheets and has many features for
    duplicats, and indexing, you can add use files ect.

    http://www.cerious.com/

    John, Oct 9, 2003
  5. RS

    gnububba Guest

    "]
    I use Irfanview for generating and printing contact sheets of my digital
    camera shots....

    However, it doesn't seem to work very well, or very intuitively in 11X17
    inch (tabloid) size, at least not in landscape mode.

    Can anyone suggest an alternative software ?

    Thanks!

    -RS-
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm going to confess to having some trouble understanding this one at
    first. Now I rarely use anything else unless it needs to be fancy.

    It's free and the size (aspect) of the index can be standard screen
    sizes or completely custom, as can the number of pics per sheet.

    The main thing I like about it over IrfanView and some others is that
    it will index an entire directory without having to pick each file
    individually. Of course that could be considered a limitation
    depending on what a person wanted to do. Each tool for it's own work
    I suppose.

    Cheers

    Bruce

    gnububba, Oct 9, 2003
  6. RS

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Not free, but relatively inexpensive and great to all other printing needs
    is Qimage. http://www.ddispftware.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Oct 9, 2003
  7. RS

    Enough Guest

    iPhoto.

    Enough, Oct 9, 2003
  8. RS

    RS Guest

    Thanks, but where is the contact-sheet printing function for XnView ? Where
    in the menu ?

    Thanks!

    -RS-

    RS, Oct 10, 2003
  9. RS

    JohnH Guest

    IrfanView, a free program, also has thumbnail capability. It will make
    thumbnails with one push of the button for all the pics in a given directory.

    John
    On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

    JohnH, Oct 10, 2003
  10. RS

    Rafe B. Guest

    It's in the Tools menu. That particular option
    will be grayed out until you select one or more
    image files in the right hand pane.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Oct 10, 2003
  11. RS

    Karl Guest

    Karl, Oct 14, 2003
  12. RS

    CSM1 Guest

    Irfanview can create contact sheets and print them. below is a quote from
    the help for Irfanview 3.85.

    "Create contact sheet: allows you to create a large image (contact sheet or
    catalog) with all selected thumbs (files). A dialog appears and you can
    choose the options for the result image."

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Oct 14, 2003
  13. RS

    bravelu Guest

    bravelu, Oct 16, 2003
  14. RS

    Karl Guest

    The original request was for a program to print contact sheets.
    Although Irfanview does create contact sheet IMAGE files you can
    print, it's not really it's forte. Also, Irfanview will not calculate
    'x' number of images on a page - it will allow you to create a JPG
    file at 1024x4000 pixels (for example) with all the thumbnails from a
    folder in one long contact sheet jpg. What will your printer do with
    such a file ?!?

    I use Irfanview for creating Index images for my digital files, but
    for printing there are numerous other tools that simply allow
    selecting all the images and clicking 'Print contact sheet'.

    -=[ Karl ]=-

    Karl, Oct 16, 2003