    310/70-320, and 70-300"
    the best to get for MCSD preparation?
    Thanks

    BB, Aug 29, 2003

  2. BB

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Is the
    No.

    Kline Sphere, Aug 29, 2003

  3. BB

    Rich Guest

    I agree with the other responder....these books don't seem
    very good. So far, I've taken only one of the tests, 70-
    300, and the book was barely relevant to the exam. As far
    as that particular test is concerned, you're much better
    off with the Exam Cram book. Seems like your best bet is
    to read Exam Cram first. For anything that doesn't seem
    familiar, read MSDN articles...some of those were really
    helpful.

    Having said that, I've started studying for 70-306 - this
    book seems better. But, not having taken the test yet,
    I'm still not sure.

    I got all four book from Amazon in soft cover for
    $118.00. If I use the test vouchers that came with it,
    they will save me $75.00, so the net cost for the books is
    $8.25 each. That's about what they're worth. But you can
    pay like fifty bucks a pop at a bookstore - that would be
    a horrible rip!!

    Rich, Aug 29, 2003
  4. BB

    Claudiu Guest

    I very much agree ...about the 70-300 MS book. It also
    applys pretty much to the self test that comes with it -
    it worth nothing!
    This book was all I have used to pass the exam! of course,
    including MSDN ...and the notes and impresions from this
    group:). Thanks to all the guys that posted meaningfull
    info!
    I am now a MCSD.Net. For me, the books were indeed too
    expensive. Reading about your "net" calculations (the
    Amazon deal) makes me cry - I was really ripped off!, as I
    bought all 5 of them...
    But hey, this was the price you pay to get the cert.
    earlier.
    good luck to you all!

    Claudiu, Aug 29, 2003
  5. BB

    BB Guest

    Thanks heaps.
    What would be alternative books to get?
    Buying other books (not MS) individually are very
    expensive!.
    Thanks

    BB, Aug 30, 2003
  6. BB

    Kyle Guest

    I don't want to say these books are useless, they have
    some good value for beginer.

    Try Transcender Exam.

    Kyle, Sep 2, 2003
  7. BB

    Joe Devasure Guest

    MS Books. TO me they both didn't prepare you for the
    exam.
    I also went out on my own and purchased selftest software
    for all five exams. Again another disapointment. My
    advice take your time when you take the exam and try to
    comprend the full question and recognize there may be two
    correct answers but only best answer.

    I regards to claudia buying the books I too did the same
    thing. I did before I went to boot camp only to find
    that I got a 2nd copy of each book. I ended up listing
    and selling them on half.com

    Joe Devasure, Sep 6, 2003