    have historical value..... but that I want to be able
    to take pic of the text and READ it in the digital
    picture.

    me, Sep 29, 2007

  2. me

    ~~NoMad~~ Guest

    Most any modern digital camera will do a mighty fine job if the light is
    right.

    NM

    ~~NoMad~~, Sep 29, 2007

    Brendan Gillatt, Sep 29, 2007
  4. me

    davek57 Guest

    I have a Kodak Z885 camera that has text/document mode. This seems to
    work well. But if you are photographing documents in a library, you'll
    have to deal with incandescent or fluorescent light, and adjust your
    white balance accordingly. Bring a small tripod. too.

    -Dave

    davek57, Sep 29, 2007
  5. me

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I have been able to take pictures of book pages with a 3 mp camera that
    were good enough to read with an OCR program. It really doesn't take
    that much resolution, but more is usually better. Lighting and minimal
    distortion are more important than resolution.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 30, 2007
  6. me

    AAvK Guest

    All exact same with my Fujifilm s6000fd, along with a good macro mode too.
    The text mode is under SP on the top dial (scene position) with an according
    menu and three flourescent settings for white balance, as well as black and
    white under the "F" menu.

    AAvK, Sep 30, 2007