    compress these files as much as possible. I use winzip and winrar. Is there
    anything better?

    Thanks,

    Rakesh, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Rakesh

    NEMISIES Guest

    Whatch`a Want ??? Miracles ?????

    NEMISIES, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Rakesh

    Plato Guest

    My guess is that they take you down to about 400 meg? Sure, another
    compression program may do 10% better if you took the time to try them
    all but its probably not worth the trouble.

    Plato, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Rakesh

    sqr Guest

    Is there anything better?

    a new hard drive, do not waste your time especially if it is important
    stuff.

    sqr, Jun 29, 2003
  5. Rakesh

    paul s Guest

    Your already using the best tools available.

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003
  6. Rakesh

    Joel Rubin Guest

    The guy who puts out 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org) claims it has a
    better compression ratio.

    It's free open source software.

    Of course, compression ratios always depend on what you're
    compressing. You can't freeze dry Taster's Choice freeze dried coffee
    very well and if a format already has zip/rar-type compression built
    in (e.g. a Real Audio file) you are just as likely to have the size
    increase when you "compress" as you are to get a significant decree.

    Joel Rubin, Jun 29, 2003