    best regards,
    Etiënne Jacobs
    The Netherlands

    Etienne Jacobs, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Etienne Jacobs

    Veggie Guest

    A few weeks ago, I bought a Canon S410. For me, it was the right mix
    between size and image quality. I looked seriously at the ultra
    compacts, but the image quality was always an issue with the really
    small cameras. There are a few websites out there that take sample
    images using many different cameras.

    The Dimage's image quality didn't seem to be as good as the Canon.
    Nikon I never really looked at seriously. I guess I never forgave them
    for the weird swiveling design they used a few years ago. (They don't
    use that design anymore.) Apologies to any Nikon swivel fans out there,
    just my opinion ;)

    Lastly, the Canon has a couple of side benefits too:

    - uses compact flash (significantly cheaper than xd, sd, memory stick,
    etc)
    - batteries are commonplace. There are several generic brands which
    sell at an economical price. I paid about $7, shipped. I would have
    preferred standard AA (UM-3) cells, but cameras that use those are much
    larger.

    Veggie, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Etienne Jacobs

    Mimi Guest

    I'm also trying to decide between a Canon S410 and Nikon Coolpix 4200.
    I've seen many favorable reviews of the Canon, but am having hard time
    finding any reviews of the Nikon in any of the Digital websites
    (Steve'e digicam, DP review, imaging resources, cnet, etc.) From what
    I've seen, I quite like the look and feel of the Nikon, but I'm unable
    to get any sense of what it's like in operation. Anyone who's had
    experience with the 4200? Thx.

    Mimi, Jul 7, 2004