    will be replaced. I purchased the Canon SD 300.

    Thanks
    Mary

    Mary, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Mary

    wayne Guest

    for the most part no ask to read the policy first

    Wayne

    wayne, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Mary

    Todd H. Guest

    A few things to keep in mind:

    Your camera may not be worth $60 by the time you use it (if ever),
    given how the value of electronics declines so quickly.

    They wouldn't be selling these if it weren't profitable for them.

    The markup is huge on those insurance plans. I think retail on that
    plan for a TV I bought was like $120 and then the employee price of
    the extended assurance was $15 at Best Buy. I had a family member get
    my TV for me there.

    It comes down to a gamble, really. It depends on how clumsy you are,
    I guess.

    Best Regards,

    Todd H., Dec 22, 2004
  4. Mary

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    In August our Canon Powershot S45 slipped from my wife's lap onto
    concrete. The display and all photos came out black after that. I was
    concerned this might fall under "abuse" and void the warranty, but when
    I called they said to send it in, that the techs would determine if it
    was abuse or not, and they wouldn't make any repairs without our consent
    unless they were free.

    Even with noticeable scratches on the corners where it hit the concrete,
    they went ahead and repaired it under warranty. Chalk up one positive
    experience with Canon.

    Since then, I lost our camera! Warranty and insurance don't help with
    that. Getting a carrying case that can go on your belt helps, and you
    can find those for a lot less than $60.

    Bruce Lewis, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Mary

    RustY© Guest

    I have added my camera gear to my house policy under 'away from the home'.
    If it is lost or stolen it is replaced with a 'current equivelent'.
    With my camera I bought a five year warranty that covers any faults that may
    develop. I'm pretty well covered.

    RustY©, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Mary

    Mary Guest