    8X10. The top of my spending range would be $400, but I'd like to spend
    about $300 or less if possible.

    Thanks

    Jack Dotson, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Jack Dotson

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Does it have to colour coordinate with her purse? Sorry, I could not resist.
    {bad dog}

    I am happy with my Canon A85.

    Rudy Benner, Dec 19, 2004

  3. "Jack Dotson"

    Depends on the wifey, there's cameras that do more than
    others but if it was me I'd at least consider the new slim
    Casio. Saw one yesterday at Circus City, 3.2 megapixels
    with fairly generous zooming. You can get more resolution
    and function for the money so it depends on performance
    vs. convienience. I'm tempted to get one of these myself.

    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sharperimage-best/co743.html

    Fletis Humplebacker, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Jack Dotson

    TAFKAB Guest

    Take a look at the Canon A85, Sony P73, and Nikon 4200 for starters. There's
    lots of choices in that price range. Go to www.dpreview for product
    comparisons and reviews.

    TAFKAB, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Jack Dotson

    leo Guest

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7.

    I have never used that camera but it has good spec. and image
    stabailizer and large display. It looks decent, though not exactly
    fashionable and most important, it fits your budget.

    leo, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Jack Dotson

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Try http://www.dpreview.com/

    Rudy Benner, Dec 19, 2004
  7. "Fletis Humplebacker"
    Here's a review :
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/ex-s100.html

    Fletis Humplebacker, Dec 19, 2004
  8. Jack Dotson

    Jack Dotson Guest

    Absolutely, that goes without saying! :)

    Jack Dotson, Dec 19, 2004
  9. Jack Dotson

    teflon Guest

    The new Olympus mju's look good. Small camera. Big screen. Choice of colors.

    teflon, Dec 19, 2004
  10. Jack Dotson

    Andy Guest

    One thing to note about this camera is that there is no viewfinder, you have to
    rely on the rear screen to frame images. My Dad bought a Minolta X31 which has
    a similar setup and he found it very difficult to use outdoors.

    Andy

    Andy, Dec 19, 2004
  11. Jack Dotson

    Bill Guest

    I suggest you visit Steve's Digicam site for lots of reviews of cameras
    from various models. His reviews break down into resolution, so 3mp or
    higher is fine for your needs.

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/

    That should get you started. Then when you narrow down your search, you
    might want to come back here and ask for opinions on specific models.

    Bill, Dec 19, 2004
  12. Jack Dotson

    teflon Guest

    Would your wife want a camera that looks like every other camera, or would
    she want one that looks cool and sexy?

    Forget reviews.

    teflon, Dec 19, 2004
  13. Jack Dotson

    teflon Guest

    teflon, Dec 19, 2004
  14. On that budget, I'll get the Canon A95.
    It has good handling, and excellent image quality.

    Eolake Stobblehouse, Dec 19, 2004
  15. Jack Dotson

    bob Guest

    If she might use her purse as a de facto camera bag, you might consider
    one where the lens seals well. The Olympus Stylus Epic comes to mind, but
    there are no doubt others.

    A camera with a small lens is very succeptable to dust.

    Bob

    bob, Dec 21, 2004
  16. Jack Dotson

    jhiker Guest

    Given what you want to do with it, I would consider the Canon A75
    (3.2MP). Fully automatic but with manual overrides if the creative mood
    takes you.
    I've just got one and I love it.

    jhiker, Dec 21, 2004