    Bud Light Guest

    Fed up with AVG. Anyone know of a better freeware one? Don't like Norton
    and Mcafee gouging.

    Bud Light, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Bud Light

    The Tech Guy Guest

    The Tech Guy, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks....is it any good?

    Bud Light, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Bud Light

    Mellowed Guest

    Why are you fed up with AVG?

    Mellowed, Oct 16, 2004
  5. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    AVG just doesn't seem to pick up the viruses before it gets to my machine.
    I used a couple of other anti-virus software programs and they report
    viruses that AVG never picked up.

    Bud Light, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Bud Light

    Plato Guest

    Then use the program that worked.

    Plato, Oct 16, 2004
  7. Bud Light

    The Tech Guy Guest

    ya ive been using it for almost a yr now
    i still prefer mcafee, norton or panda, but for free its the best ive seen

    --
    Jason

    Free Anti Spyware Adware Removal Software: Remover of Spyware
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    Thanks....is it any good?

    The Tech Guy, Oct 16, 2004
  8. Bud Light

    °Mike° Guest

    There is no reliable free antivirus solution. To be
    fully protected, you will need to pay for a good
    one. I recommend Kaspersky:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    °Mike°, Oct 16, 2004
  9. Bud Light

    PuppyKatt Guest

    My Motherboard came with a disk that has PCcillin on it. It scans web pages
    before it allows access, email, files and folders, checks for updates every
    hour, and does a complete scan after each update. The best I have ever had.

    PuppyKatt, Oct 16, 2004
  10. Bud Light

    °Mike° Guest

    That's nice.

    °Mike°, Oct 16, 2004

  11. I thought they were now charging an annual renewal fee.

    Is the downlaod free for only one year?
    do youhave to pay to use after one year?

    Or do you re-register under another name to get another free yesr?

    Aussie Bomber, Oct 17, 2004
  12. Bud Light

    petrigi Guest

    I'm using antivir for a couple of years now. Never had any problems.
    Have automatical updates I gave up Norton not only for the money, but
    beacause I found it too "heavy" for the system.

    Go and try ! It's made in Germany :))

    http://www.free-av.com/

    petrigi, Oct 18, 2004
  13. Bud Light

    petrigi Guest

    I'm using antivir for a couple of years. I never had any problem. I
    takes daily updates automaticaly. Just test it! No adware like AVG in
    your outgoing messages :)) I have license to use Norton. I've got it
    with my new laptop but I find that Norton slows down my system.

    petrigi, Oct 19, 2004
  14. Bud Light

    Chris Perdue Guest

    A REALLY Good one is AVG.... Free updates for a lifetime, and scans deep
    into the registry. I like it.

    Chris

    Chris Perdue, Oct 19, 2004
  15. Isn't that the one that the O.P. said he was fed up with?!?!?

    Aussie Bomber, Oct 19, 2004
  16. Bud Light

    petrigi Guest

    Just forgot to give you the link for downloding ANTIVIR the best free
    antivirus software :))

    http://www.free-av.com

    petrigi, Oct 19, 2004
  17. Bud Light

    James Guest

    Thanks for the link Petrigi, but I am using AVG, and have no complaints
    about it
    adding information in my outgoing messages, in fact most business systems do
    this nowadays
    anyway, and those packages aren't FREE !!! :)

    There may be an option to turn this off, but I haven't required that so I
    haven't looked for it.

    James, Oct 19, 2004