    As always, many thanks in advance,

    #
    T.

    Tobamore, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Tobamore

    madmax Guest

    I think that Kaspersky is above the rest.Fast updates,excellent
    detection. Norton can be a pain to get rid of(doesn't uninstall well).
    For free I choose Avast.
    -max

    --
    To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply

    madmax, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Tobamore

    johns Guest

    We've tested f-secure here, and have nearly 400 users
    pulling updates from our AV server which is updated
    constantly. F-secure, in my opinion is less intrusive
    and quicker on updates than the others, and I have
    never seen it fail to catch anything. I use McAffee at
    home, and I think the home version of McAffee is
    broader in scope and goes after "social engineering"
    events like sending the same email twice. It will bark
    a warning and stop it.

    johns

    johns, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Tobamore

    Anonymous Guest

    lol! How can you say AVG is one of the best AVs? It only has 5 VB100%
    awards and its heuristic scanner really sucks (too many false positives).
    Years ago when I used AVG 6.0 on my home computer, I sent Grisoft a virus
    sample of a file it false positived on (an AntiVir signature file from what
    I remember). They removed detection of the false positive after about a
    week, but then they included detection again (for the same virus in the
    same file!). They obviously don't develop quality software that is
    essential of an AV vendor so I refuse to use their software again.
    From my experience, I would say NOD32 or Kaspersky is the best AV for home
    use, and Sophos for business use.

    Anonymous, Aug 5, 2004