    web pages but find them hard to navigate
    and could not find this info.

    thanks

    michael, Nov 24, 2004

  2. michael said the following on 25/11/2004 09:50:
    Telecom are the mot expensive for any domain hosting.

    Talk to Orcon, they might be in a low for service at the moment as they
    deal with the peak load produced by the UBS and Telecoms stuffing them
    around, but generally they will be a good provider.

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Nov 24, 2004

  3. for what type of connection?
    I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing useless
    without a connection or routing.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 24, 2004
  4. michael

    michael Guest

    I've currently got the jet surf 2mb 10gig plan.
    Telecom have finally got back to me and said
    I cannot have a fixed IP on this plan.(typical! - dont let your
    customers have what they want... nother subject...)

    michael, Nov 25, 2004
  5. michael said the following on 25/11/2004 14:03:
    Use DNS2GO at deerfield, it allowed me to use anything that needed a
    fixed IP okay.
    But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
    expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
    me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
    Telecom/Xtra

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Nov 25, 2004
  6. What was their reason for visiting you? Is there something in the terms
    of service that prohibits you running a server?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2004
  7. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro said the following on 27/11/2004 22:53:
    I had a server, it was poping mail from my pop on thier account, Iwas
    also running DynDNS to allow me to get to my systems from outside and
    yes the T&C says no servers, but I asked when joining and was todl that
    my systems where acceptable under the arrangement I had.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Nov 27, 2004