Best advice for those wanting iPad

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. RichA

    sobriquet Guest

    sobriquet, Apr 21, 2010

  2. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And another is Newton's theories on gravitation.

    This is getting very philosophical, but there is indeed a vast
    difference between "laws of physics" and reality. Our laws attempt to
    describe reality and they often do so quite well, but they are not
    reality and the universe has no obligation to obey.

    Ray Fischer, Apr 21, 2010

  3. RichA

    John A. Guest

    Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

    John A., Apr 21, 2010
  4. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    In others words, yes.

    And yes, I am familar with the reference. For those who are not it is
    the caption of a well-known painting by Rene Magritte.

    Ray Fischer, Apr 21, 2010
  5. RichA

    Peter Guest

    Newton's motion theory of gravitation has been controvertated. According to
    Einstein what we call gravity is caused by a curvature in space. In turn,
    Einstein's theory may very well be disproved by the theory of Quantum
    Gravity.

    http://www-scf.usc.edu/~kallos/gravity.htm

    BTW if you really think this is too complicated, why do you make positive
    statements, instead of asking?

    Peter, Apr 21, 2010
  6. At least I'm not dumb enough to generalize an entire country.

    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 21, 2010
  7. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Not for several hundred years. Why do you think that Einstein is
    finally correct?
    So laws of physics are really just human creations. They are not
    reality.

    Which takes us right back to the original claim.

    Ray Fischer, Apr 22, 2010
  8. The 'facts' you mentioned, even if they were true, do not apply to anyone
    just because of the country they live in.
    Can you? Why do you piss in your own shoes?
    Doubt requires thought. You haven't shown that capacity yet.

    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 22, 2010
  9. RichA

    Peter Guest

    Please look up the meaning of the word: "controverted."
    Does the peer reviewed article really say Einstein was correct?

    And what does the period of time have to do with my point.

    Huh!

    I realize this is to complicated for you. Sorry.

    Peter, Apr 22, 2010
  10. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    You didn't answer the question.
    Non sequitur.
    You're not too quick, are you?
    I can spot bullshitting like yours from a long way off. You don't
    actually say anything at all because you really don't have any
    response.

    Ray Fischer, Apr 22, 2010
  11. RichA

    Peter Guest

    I refuse to get into a pissing contest. You obviously have not supported
    your argument.

    Bye

    Peter, Apr 22, 2010
  12. Well, at least I got a good laugh out of that one.

    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 22, 2010
  13. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Too late.
    You've obviously realized that you don't have the brains and so you're
    going to declare victory and run away.

    Ray Fischer, Apr 23, 2010
  14. RichA

    whisky-dave Guest

    The universe is reality, how we see it depends on our instruments and
    ability
    to understand them and describe it.

    whisky-dave, Apr 23, 2010
  15. RichA

    whisky-dave Guest

    They can certainly think they can and attempt it like some do with mobile
    phones
    and driving, but when people walking into you because they are talking on
    their
    mobile and can;t walk and talk at the same time it makes me wonder whether
    it is truly possible to chew gum and walk at the same time.
    perhaps they chew then look where they are going and then chew again.
    You know like some people look at the road while driving while others
    can look at the dials/radio or anything else that takes their fancy.
    Why do people crash in these situations if tehy can do two things at the
    same time ?

    whisky-dave, Apr 27, 2010
  16. RichA

    sobriquet Guest

    Because driving a car is something that requires your full attention
    now and then, especially in a big city.
    But how many people use a radio in their car? Surely if people can't
    do anything else while
    driving a car, car radio's would be banned.
    Listening to the radio is a more passive activity compared to having a
    conversation with other occupants in the car or on the hands-free set.
    It's all a matter of distributing your attention in a responsible
    fashion and ensuring you have enough of your attention available to
    navigate the traffic.

    sobriquet, Apr 27, 2010
  17. RichA

    whisky-dave Guest

    Yep two time periods. Now and then.
    because listening to the radio doesn;t require in general much
    concentration.
    because when peole listen to the radio it doesn;t take much effort
    and you can certainly think you can do somethinjg else at the same time.
    So if it's passive you aren't; always doing something are you.
    Yep, and that is time slicing, unless you stop the car.

    whisky-dave, Apr 28, 2010