Belt.exe.... where does it originate???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gunjani, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Gunjani

    Gunjani Guest

    I keep recieving the following files downloaded to my 'local
    settings/temp' folder. They are:
    Belt.exe
    Belt.cab
    Belt.inf
    Belt.ini

    What are these files? And more annoyingly the Trojan Horse
    Downloader.Stubby.A virus is attached to Belt.exe.

    I've removed it several times with anti virus but it still re-appears.
    Any ideas
    --
    Many Thanks

    Gunjani
    Do your best every day and your life will gradually
    expand into satisfying fullness.
    -- Horotio W. Dresser

    Gunjani, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Gunjani

    Ionizer Guest

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.binet.html

    But since it is related to adware, perhaps the freeware version of AdAware
    might be up to the task of removing it for you:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    HTH,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Gunjani

    Boomer Guest

    Use Google.om

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&safe=off&q=belt.exe+%2Btrojan+%2Bstubby&btnG=Google+Search

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?P41351B27

    Boomer, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Gunjani

    °Mike° Guest