Belkin Wireless Router Connection Problems/Hanging/Freezing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andrew Clancy, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have a problem with my Belkin Wireless Router (f5d7632uk4), and am hoping
    someone out there can help me. It slows down to a halt daily, to a point
    that I cant even connect to it via ethernet until I unplug it and start all
    over.

    I have read this is something to do with the security log growing too big,
    but it only ever shows 30 lines of the log, and clearing it doesn't help.
    (It's exactly the same problem as this guy is having:
    http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3198&PN=1)

    I don't believe it is a security problem - it is simply that the security
    log on the router fills up to a point (where it is preventing access
    correctly) that its too large and takes up all the memory of the thing.

    Any other ideas? It's definitely a problem with the router - even if there
    is some 'security problem' going on, I rather the router doesn't just stop.
    I've got everything covered to my satisfaction security-wise.

    Cheers,
    Andy

    Andrew Clancy, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Andrew Clancy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You should get on the phone with Belkin about the problem with the router.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Andrew Clancy

    Render Me Guest

    ok

    Render Me, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Andrew Clancy

    Unk Guest

    Check for a Firmware update. It's located by logging on to the Web configuration pages.
    There's an option to check for an update. I think it's http://192.168.0.1/ check your manual.
    Here's the manual if you misplaced it.
    http://www.belkin.com/support/download/downloaddetails.asp?download=1611&lang=1

    Unk, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Andrew Clancy

    Conor Guest

    I went through three in 5 months - all the same problem. Eventually
    after the third I got so pissed off that I got a refund and bought a
    Netgear.

    Conor, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Andrew Clancy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I don't care about your problems.
    Do you have a bad temper?

    pcbutts1, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Andrew Clancy

    poster Guest

    No, seems like quite a bit of patience, having tried more than 2 units
    before changing to another manufacturer's equipment. Peter M.

    poster, Jul 15, 2005
  8. Andrew Clancy

    Yvan Hall Guest

    www.superaffiliate7.com

    Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site.
    You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral
    Chelation,
    Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers,
    household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on
    your Computer),
    Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.

    Yvan Hall, Dec 19, 2009