Belkin Wireless G Router + PCI card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by angie, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. angie

    angie Guest

    We have purchased a Belkin Wireless G Router (F5D7230-UK4) and a PCI
    Wireless card (F5D7001).

    The setup is as follows: Router connected to a broadband cable modem
    PC # 1 connected to router via ethernet
    Working very well, ta very
    much!
    PC # 2 connected to router wirelessly
    via PCI card
    Distance from router approx
    20 feet
    I do not own a microwave
    My cordless phone is nowhere
    near either unit, nor is it in "line of sight"
    Router and PCI card software
    is completely up to date

    Problem is as follows: PC # 2 keeps losing its connection to the network.
    We have tried: changing the
    broadcast channel
    Turning off Turbo mode and
    Frame bursting mode (and turing them back on again!)
    Changing the orientation of
    the router

    Help required: Any more ideas? PC #2 is running XPSP2Corporate.
    I am thinking perhaps Windows Wi-Fi
    thingymabob is conflicting with the
    Belkin software. Please help coz PC # 1 is NOT capable of a Wi-Fi
    interface (due it it being a bit of a
    dinousaur). Belkin themselves have not been much help, although big up
    to those with a 24/7 Freephone helpline!

    Ta very much in advance
    ---angie---

    angie, Jun 24, 2005

  2. angie

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jun 24, 2005

  3. angie

    DC Guest

    I'm not even going to *TRY* to decipher that mess.

    DC, Jul 1, 2005