Belkin "4 Port Hub for connecting up to 4 USB Devices" Question ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, May 22, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Have a Belkin "4 Port Hub for connecting up to 4 USB Devices" purchased at
    COMP USA.
    Running W98.
    P/N is P42404-B

    Using it in the powered mode, where it is powered by a wall wart.
    Slide switch is set to "self".

    Having all sorts of problems with it.
    Sometimes the devices hooked to it work, sometimes not.
    Flaky, is really the best term that describes it.

    Was wondering if others have noticed problems with this unit ?
    Are they "usually" reliable" ? Other brands better ?

    Might be, somehow, my PC, which is about 5 yrs old now (DELL Dim XPS R)
    It seems sometimes the PC recognizes it, sometimes not.

    Any thoughts on wold be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    bob

    Robert11, May 22, 2004

  2. Robert11

    olfart Guest

    What version ofW98 ??

    olfart, May 22, 2004

  3. Robert11

    Bob Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks for help; appreciate it.

    Using W98 (4.10.1998)
    BTW: should mention hat my PC has the original, old, slower USB port.

    Please post back to group thread.

    Thanks again,
    Bob

    Bob, May 23, 2004
  4. Robert11

    olfart Guest

    I had some similar problems running a Hub with W98. After I updated to W98SE
    things straightened out. I'm also using the slower 1.1 USB, which is really
    all the speed I need. I run an Ext CD Writer, Printer, Optical Mouse,
    Digital Camera and 2 different makes of 64mb pen drives and have no prob or
    interference between them. Upgrades to W98SE are getting cheaper - I got
    mine on eBay. Good luck

    olfart, May 23, 2004
  5. Robert11

    Hockey Buff Guest

    Am running into occasional conflicts with my Belkin USB hub (Model
    F5U014-OE) in power mode. Error msg. indicating insufficient power
    for CERTAIN peripherals such as 250 Iomega zip plus PC camera; OK for
    mouse.

    Hockey Buff, Jun 19, 2004