    http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

    So apt, especially the last sentence ..

    PS, I originally got the link from alt.fan.landrovers ..

    Paul - xxx, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Paul - xxx

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Paul - xxx said:
    ROTFLMAO

    "Which is a very good thing because a cold beer is just what you need when
    you're standing in shed with a jet engine running in the middle of it heating
    things up!"

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Paul - xxx

    chuckie® Guest

    I might add, due to it's nature, Guiness is supposed to drunk at room temperature....just my two
    cents....

    chuckie®, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Paul - xxx

    Brian H¹© Guest

    chuckie® said:
    That may be so in the UK, but try telling that to an antipodean.
    99% of the population either work in the "beer cooler" industry, or make sure
    that the industry doesn't disappear leaving them with beer that boils on the
    counter.
    Don't forget that you have to climb mountains to see snow out there ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Paul - xxx

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    I don't wish to argue but why would Guinness put "server extra cold" on
    their cans? Maybe it's only meant to be drunk in extra cold rooms;-)

    From their web site:

    At home, you should let the can chill for at least 3 hours before pouring
    the contents of the can into a large glass in one smooth action.

    What's the difference between GUINNESS® Draught and GUINNESS® Draught Extra
    Cold?

    The temperature. GUINNESS® Draught is usually served at 6°C and GUINNESS®
    Draught Extra Cold should be chilled for a minimum of 3 hours before being
    served at a cooler 3.5°C.

    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 25, 2004
  6. The same can be said for drinking red wine at room temperature. When
    it is stinking hot it is much better after having had a bit of
    chilling time in the fridge!!

    BTW - the antipodes is not necessarily the Australasia region. It is
    the geographic area diametrically opposite the place on earth where
    the person using the term is so I will presume you are in UK or
    thereabouts which is our antipodes!!

    Pauline Johnson, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Paul - xxx

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Pauline Johnson said:
    Touché ;-)

    And whilst on the subject of wine, you don't only have red with meat and white
    with fish, you drink what you want and how you want.
    From the mouth of a Maitre D'
    :)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Absolutely!!!

    Pauline Johnson, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Paul - xxx

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Pauline Johnson said:
    I'll have a cold one please before I crack the sads.
    Thanks.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Paul - xxx

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Fuzzy Logic mused:

    | I don't wish to argue but why would Guinness put "server extra cold" on
    | their cans? Maybe it's only meant to be drunk in extra cold rooms;-)

    Marketing. The colder something is, the more the flavour is concealed.
    This is the reason most single malt drinkers take whisky neat. A lot of
    people find Guinness too over-powering, God love it, and so they came up
    with the "Extra Cold" scheme for these people. I was in a pub in Oban when
    I first saw the "Extra Cold" tap next to the regular Guinness tap. For some
    reason they regular tap was botched. The bar maid kindly poured me two from
    the "Extra Cold" tap ... allowing the second time to reach a reasonable
    temperature.

    mhicaoidh, Feb 26, 2004
  11. Paul - xxx

    Brian H¹© Guest

    mhicaoidh said:
    I order 2 as soon as I walk into the bar, the first one gets necked whilst the
    second is still settling, I don't like the taste of the first pint, the second
    tastes a tiny bit better, the third tastes pretty reasonable, the fourth tastes
    nice and creamy, the fifth finds me seeing double, and the sixth find me
    checking out the floor.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  12. Paul - xxx

    Dan Shea Guest

    I saw that Guinness Extra Cold at the Storehouse when I was in Dublin
    last year. (Very touristy, I know, but hey, I was a tourist...) I
    was amused to learn it's the exact same stuff, just served at colder
    temperature. Haven't seen it arrive in our neck of the woods in
    Canada yet, but I guess technically it's already here...

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
  13. Paul - xxx

    chuckie® Guest

    <sigh> darned continentals...just don't know how to drink a good pint....
    no wonder, the Brit's turned you loose to do your evil on a foreign land...hee, hee...

    chuckie®, Feb 27, 2004