becoming variable

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nevillenevilleson, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. Good evening,
    Im having some server related problems at the moment hence the limited
    updates.However Im sure you are all glad to see this service resumed.
    Particularly anyone in a boat in these areas.

    Issued by the Met Office at 1700 UTC on Thursday 20 October.

    Inshore Waters Forecast to 12 miles offshore from 1700 UTC to 1700 UTC.

    From Cape Wrath to Rattray Head including Orkney.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest 4 or 5 becoming variable 3 or less, then northeast 4 or 5,
    occasionally 6 later around Orkney
    Weather: rain at times.
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: slight, becoming moderate or rough in north
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: northeast 5 to 7 backing north 3 or 4.
    Weather: rain then showers
    Visibility: moderate becoming good.
    Sea State: moderate or rough, but slight at first in south
    Rattray Head to Berwick on Tweed.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest 5 or 6 becoming variable 3 or less, then northeast 3 or 4
    Weather: occasional rain.
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: moderate becoming slight.
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: north or northeast 3 or 4, increasing 5 for a time
    Weather: rain then showers.
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: slight becoming moderate or rough
    Berwick on Tweed to Whitby.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest 4 or 5 backing east or southeast 3, then north 4 or 5,
    occasionally 6 later in north
    Weather: fair then rain
    Visibility: good becoming moderate.
    Sea State: moderate becoming slight
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: north or northeast 5 or 6 decreasing 3 or 4
    Weather: rain clearing
    Visibility: moderate becoming good.
    Sea State: slight becoming moderate
    Whitby to the Wash.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest backing southeast 4 or 5, veering south 5 or 6 later
    Weather: fair then rain
    Visibility: good becoming moderate
    Sea State: slight
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: south 5 or 6 veering west or northwest 4 or 5, then north or northeast
    3 later
    Weather: rain at times
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: slight becoming moderate.
    The Wash to North Foreland.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest backing southeast 4 or 5, then veering south or southwest 6
    or 7, perhaps gale 8 later
    Weather: fair then rain followed by showers
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: slight becoming moderate.
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: southwest 6 to gale 8 veering west 4 or 5, then north or northwest 3
    later
    Weather: showers then rain
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: moderate becoming rough for a time, decreasing slight later
    North Foreland to Selsey Bill.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: south or southeast 3 or 4 increasing 5 or 6, then veering southwest 6
    to gale 8
    Weather: fair then rain followed by showers
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: slight becoming rough.
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: southwest 6 to gale 8 veering west 5 or 6, then north or northwest 3
    later
    Weather: showers then rain
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: rough becoming moderate
    Selsey Bill to Lyme Regis.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: south 3 or 4 backing southeast 5 to 7, then veering southwest 6 to
    gale 8
    Weather: fair then rain followed by showers
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: slight or moderate becoming rough
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: southwest 6 to gale 8 veering west 5 or 6, becoming variable 3 or less
    later
    Weather: showers then rain
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: rough becoming moderate
    Lyme Regis to Lands End including the Isles of Scilly.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southeast 4 or 5 increasing 6 to gale 8, veering west, perhaps severe
    gale 9 for a time Friday in far west
    Weather: rain then showers.
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: moderate becoming rough, perhaps very rough for a time in west
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: west 6 to gale 8 decreasing 4 or 5, becoming variable 3 or less later
    Weather: showers dying out
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: rough becoming moderate
    Lands End to St Davids Head including the Bristol Channel.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southeast 4 or 5 increasing 6 to gale 8, veering west, perhaps severe
    gale 9 for a time Friday
    Weather: rain then showers.
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: moderate becoming rough, perhaps very rough for a time in south
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: west or northwest 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 at first, decreasing 3.
    Weather: showers dying out.
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: rough becoming moderate.
    St Davids Head to Colwyn Bay, including St Georges Channel.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest 4 or 5 backing east 5 to 7, becoming cyclonic for a time,
    then northwest 5 to 7 later
    Weather: fair then rain or showers
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: moderate, becoming rough in south
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: northwest 5 or 6 backing west or southwest 3.
    Weather: rain or showers dying out
    Visibility: moderate or good.
    Sea State: moderate or rough becoming slight
    Colwyn Bay to the Mull of Galloway including the Isle of Man.

    24 hour forecast:
    Wind: southwest 4 or 5 backing east or northeast 5 to 7, then north 4 or 5
    later
    Weather: fair then rain
    Visibility: good becoming moderate.
    Sea State: moderate becoming slight for a time
    Outlook for the following 24 hours:
    Wind: north 4 or 5 backing west or southwest 3.

    nevillenevilleson, Oct 20, 2005

  2. nevillenevilleson

    Mitch Guest

    I don't think anyone in the group considers your posts a 'service' --
    nor is anyone likely to be glad of such posts.

    Now, why would you think ANYONE would care to read weather summaries?

    Mitch, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Thanks Mitch.
    I can also give weather forecasts in whatever region,
    including Hawaii.
    HTH and HAND

    nevillenevilleson, Oct 20, 2005
  4. nevillenevilleson

    clot Guest

    Hi Mr Nevilleson,

    I've just recieved your info. by satellite. I'm on my way from Holyhead
    to Rhode Island (Newport), presently close to Cork.
    Wilma best bet to cut straight across The Pond or nip round to Shannon
    and enjoy the craic for a couple of days. Some of the crew hate their
    drinkies being spilt. Would really appreciate your advice.

    clot, Oct 20, 2005
  5. nevillenevilleson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Neville has been gone awhile, or you would have had him in the loony
    bin...err...kill file by now. He's one of the resident trolls.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 21, 2005
  6. nevillenevilleson

    clot Guest

    A pity Blinky's off-line at present- opportunity for a few more scars?
    :)

    clot, Oct 21, 2005
  7. nevillenevilleson

    Old Gringo Guest

    Is it possible that you could do 1/2 hour updates on the weather in
    the Gulf of Mexico? I live about 700+ miles from there and have
    great concern, and I do not want to loose my place on USENET by going
    ot NOAA.

    Old Gringo, Oct 21, 2005
  8. nevillenevilleson

    Mitch Guest

    You know, you're right.
    I kept holding out hope he was just an innocent learning what was going
    on. The attitude in the last message pushed it over the edge -- like he
    was the only person to learn that you could check weather online.

    Mitch, Oct 21, 2005
  9. Ive made a point of making sure that nobody should ever need to go to the
    NOAA.
    The information there is far to technical for most people and its degree of
    specificity can be unnecessary.
    The weather in the atlantic area is fairly predictable so a met office
    report of conditions in the Irish sea would usually suffice.You would just
    try to extrapolate from there.

    nevillenevilleson, Oct 21, 2005
  10. Met office reports fine and sunny conditions with isolated ripples.Thats
    sounds ideal for a transatlantic cruise.
    At least thats what I think they said.
    Either way it wont be far out, probably.
    HTH

    nevillenevilleson, Oct 21, 2005
  11. nevillenevilleson

    Old Gringo Guest

    I believe I would have to do a backwards calculation as the Gulf
    stream flows from South to North giving you the warm waters and warm
    weather that you occasionally enjoy. I will be looking for a
    software program to figure it out for me, as I am not to adapt at
    calculations concerning the weather, knowing what a bitch Mother
    Nature can be at times.

    Old Gringo, Oct 21, 2005
  12. nevillenevilleson

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, Oct 22, 2005
  13. nevillenevilleson

    Old Gringo Guest

    After tracking the weather across Jolly Old England with Weather
    Pulse, I have come to the conclusion that you would be a much happier
    camper in Marfa, Texas. :)

    Old Gringo, Oct 22, 2005