becoming cyclonic, trout

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by neville, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. neville

    neville Guest

    Its not supposed to shout but you cant get it in lower case.
    This will help somebody in a boat
    I am trying to be helpful.

    THE SHIPPING FORECAST ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE, ON BEHALF OF
    THE MARITIME AND COASTGUARD AGENCY, AT 1130 ON THURSDAY 28 APRIL 2005

    THERE ARE WARNINGS OF GALES IN VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE
    FORTIES CROMARTY FORTH IRISH SEA SHANNON ROCKALL MALIN HEBRIDES
    BAILEY FAIR ISLE FAEROES AND SOUTHEAST ICELAND

    THE GENERAL SYNOPSIS AT 0700
    LOW SOUTH ROCKALL 986 EXPECTED FAEROES 982 BY 0700 TOMORROW

    THE AREA FORECASTS FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS

    VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE
    SOUTHEAST 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9 IN VIKING. RAIN.
    MODERATE OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR

    FORTIES CROMARTY FORTH TYNE DOGGER FISHER
    SOUTHEAST 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8 IN FORTIES, CROMARTY AND FORTH,
    VEERING SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6. RAIN THEN FAIR. MODERATE OR GOOD,
    OCCASIONALLY POOR

    GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER THAMES DOVER
    SOUTHEAST VEERING SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 IN HUMBER AND
    GERMAN BIGHT. RAIN. MODERATE OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR AT FIRST

    WIGHT PORTLAND PLYMOUTH
    SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 AT FIRST. RAIN. MODERATE OR
    GOOD, WITH FOG PATCHES LATER

    BISCAY
    WEST OR SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. RAIN IN NORTH.
    MODERATE OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR

    FITZROY
    SOUTHWEST BACKING SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 IN WEST.
    RAIN. MODERATE OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR

    SOLE LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA SHANNON
    SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8 IN IRISH SEA AND SHANNON,
    BACKING SOUTH 4 OR 5. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD, WITH FOG
    PATCHES LATER IN LUNDY

    ROCKALL MALIN
    SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9 DECREASING 5 OR 6, BUT CYCLONIC
    IN ROCKALL AT FIRST. RAIN THEN SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

    HEBRIDES
    SOUTHEAST BECOMING CYCLONIC THEN SOUTHWEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9,
    OCCASIONALLY STORM 10 FOR A TIME IN SOUTHEAST. RAIN THEN SHOWERS.
    MODERATE OR GOOD

    BAILEY
    NORTHEAST 6 TO GALE 8, BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST. RAIN OR SHOWERS.
    MODERATE OR GOOD

    FAIR ISLE
    SOUTHEAST VEERING SOUTHWEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9, BUT 6 IN NORTH AT
    FIRST. RAIN. MODERATE, OCCASIONALLY POOR

    FAEROES SOUTHEAST ICELAND
    EAST OR NORTHEAST 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9 IN FAEROES,
    BECOMING CYCLONIC IN FAEROES. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

    neville, Apr 28, 2005

  2. neville

    Old Gringo Guest

    Just a little experiment using OpenOffice (see below). And it only
    took 6 clicks. :)

    the shipping forecast issued by the met office, on behalf of

    Old Gringo, Apr 28, 2005

  3. neville

    why? Guest

    3 options would be,

    1. UltraEdit, Select text / Format Capitalize.

    2. MS Word 2000, Format / Change Case, 5 options.

    3. OpenOffice , Format Case/Characters.
    Me

    why?, Apr 28, 2005
  4. neville

    Pennywise Guest

    |>HEBRIDES
    |>SOUTHEAST BECOMING CYCLONIC

    I saw that yesterday, and thought someone's in trouble.
    Until a definition http://tinyurl.com/9znak says it's just a circular
    motion of the air.

    Pennywise, Apr 28, 2005
  5. neville

    James Mourby Guest

    Erm... it probably IS useful for people in boats, which is why it is
    available on the met office web page... if i was in a boat looking for the
    weather, that is probably where i would go to, not 24hrs.h

    Whats next? Posting of accident spots for ambulance men? Weather around
    airports for people talking flights? Tv listings for people who dont buy
    the paper?

    James Mourby, Apr 28, 2005
  6. Apparently what's next is feeding trolls.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 28, 2005
  7. neville

    old jon Guest

    oh my gawd james. don`t encourage him. he only needs half an idea and he
    goes phycho..J

    old jon, Apr 28, 2005
  8. neville

    Rob K Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:29:58 GMT, why? wrote:

    <food for trolls>

    why ?

    <changing subject>
    Have you ever tasted Islay whisky ? If so, did you like it ?

    Rob K, Apr 29, 2005
  9. neville

    why? Guest

    Maybe someone else would learn something, nev seems not to be able.
    No.

    Me

    why?, Apr 29, 2005
  10. neville

    Scrote Guest

    Yum, I have Lagavulin,Laphroaig,Caol Ila.

    Scrote, Apr 29, 2005
  11. neville

    neville Guest

    Ill try that. so im not shouting.

    neville, Apr 29, 2005
  12. neville

    #! Guest

    You might consider looking up.

    #!
    I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

    #!, Apr 29, 2005
  13. neville

    Old Gringo Guest

    Living in a Democratic society where the majority rule, I try to go
    with the flow. More harmonious that way. :)

    Old Gringo, Apr 29, 2005