    Google Groups has no killfiles... Now the burden of proof is on you to
    prove otherwise.
    Yes, do let us know when your grade school class is back in recess.

    selaboc, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Allan

    Allan Guest

    "You can use the advanced search options to retrieve, say, all posts
    made to a specific group, but *without* specific words in
    them, such as "ninnyboy"."
    *yawn*

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    "An internet troll is a person who sends duplicitous messages hoping to get angry responses, or a message sent by such a person. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" and ultimately from trolling for fish; it first appeared on Usenet. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette.

    Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates or gadflies or culture jammers, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are trolling in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true Devil's Advocates generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling in order to fight groupthink.

    Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to the fundamental attribution error, as it is impossible to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal."

    Allan, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Allan

    selaboc Guest

    Sorry, that's not a killfill, that's a search filter. Even assuming I
    set up a search to return all the posts in a specific group (say
    "alt.video.dvd") but *without* specific words (say "Allan") as soon as
    I go to read the thread, all of your posts will still be there (And
    I'll need to open the thread to read all the latest posts as such a
    search only returns one, ie the lastest, matching post per thread
    without any option to see the "omitted" posts). So care to try again?

    selaboc, Feb 17, 2005
  4. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Don't recall saying it was a killfile.
    newsreader: A local software application (client program) that
    provides access by means of which a user may view one or more forums
    or newsgroups from one or more news servers. Note: Most newsreaders
    format and display information from the server in a form suitable to
    the user. Synonym news client.

    Google is not a newsreader.

    Allan, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Allan

    selaboc Guest

    I stated "Google Groups has no killfiles" you then provided the
    claiming it as a killfile or otherwise you were just posting random
    information that had little to do with what was being discussed (IE
    killfiles).
    As Google Groups "provides access by means of which a user may view one
    or more forums or newsgroups from one or more news servers" it most
    certainly is a newreader (albeit not necessarily the most robust).

    selaboc, Feb 17, 2005
  6. Allan

    Allan Guest

    'newsreader: A local software application (client program)"

    And that is not Google.

    Allan, Feb 17, 2005
  7. Allan

    Black Locust Guest

    You're trying to gauge my emotions over text based discussion forums?
    Just how dense are you?
    Only a troll would say that. *grin*
    You're also a liar. Let me guess, that's also a "new one" for you as
    well...
    As Selaboc noted, it's you who's making the assertion, thus it's your
    responsibility to prove what you're writing is fact, not fiction. Since
    you clearly have no way of proving what you're saying is the truth, I
    have every right to dispute it and do NOTHING MORE. Welcome to the real
    world dumbass.
    Then go away.
    LOL. So if I call you a name, that automatically means I'm angry?
    Seriously man, are you new to the internet or something? You're utterly
    clueless, ya mentally challenged assclown. Uh oh, I just called you
    another name. I must be filled with RAGE! Grrrrr!!!!! I'm gonna go break
    something now!
    Not until you improve your reading comprehension skills. What part of
    "no thanks" do you not understand? I've been using newsgroups for nearly
    10 years now. I know how to killfile you. But guess what, I'm not going
    to. That's the easy way out.

    Black Locust, Feb 18, 2005
  8. Allan

    selaboc Guest

    Software is software, it's location does not change what it is. As
    Google Groups "provides access by means of which a user may view one or
    more forums or newsgroups from one or more news servers" it *IS* a
    newreader. But nice to see you are still living up to your descrption
    in your ever expanding sigfile.

    selaboc, Feb 18, 2005
  9. Allan

    Allan Guest

    'newsreader: A local software application (client program)'

    Guess since you can look up images Google is photo editing software as
    well. And since you can use Google to go to Hotmail... it's an E-mail
    client! Read news at google... must be a news paper! Man that web link
    is pretty amazing.
    Thought you might enjoy that. Make sure to read it.

    Allan, Feb 18, 2005
  10. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Trust me... I could really care less about what "Bottled up emotions"
    you have.
    Liar? Don't recall... doesn't really matter.
    "Since you clearly have no way of proving what you're saying is the
    truth"

    Well Sparky.... the SONY BDZ-S77 Blue-Ray recorder has:

    Video-Outs
    Component 1 (D4/D3/D1)
    S-Video 2
    Composite 2

    So... your assertion is wrong again. It's fun proving you incorrect
    over and over again.

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/blu-ray/
    Not going to happen, no matter how much you whine like a 10 year old.
    Naturally you don't have to killfile my posts... just stop crying when
    I post HD news in this DVD newsgroup... folks, including me, are
    getting very bored with your repetitive posts.

    Allan, Feb 18, 2005
  11. Allan

    Allan Guest

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/blu-ray/

    Video-Outs
    Component 1 (D4/D3/D1)
    S-Video 2
    Composite 2

    "nor can you prove HD players will compatible with analog televisions
    either."

    Just did.

    Allan, Feb 18, 2005
  12. Allan

    selaboc Guest

    Software is software, it's location does not change what it is. A
    software program is defined by what it *DOES* not where it's *located*
    Only if you can *EDIT* images with google. If you can't edit the images
    with google then google can't be photo *editing* software.
    Only if Hotmail is a part of Google. Yahoo, on the other hand, has
    Yahoo! Mail and that *is* E-mail.
    Let's put it this way: you can use your "command line" prompt to run
    your photo editor, by your (lack of) logic, that would make your
    "command line" a photo editor. See the difference? Knowing you, I doubt
    it.
    Since google is not made of paper, it can't be a news paper, but it
    *IS* a news source (that's what "Google News" is for).
    To your simple mind, I'm sure it is!
    I have, that's how I know it's highly descriptive of you!

    selaboc, Feb 18, 2005
  13. Allan

    Black Locust Guest

    Whatever "bottled up emotions" I may have, they're still small pie
    compared to yours. That ridiculous signature you're now using is ample
    evidence of that.
    You have only proved yourself incorrect with every post you make.
    There's no way of knowing if an NTSC set can properly display an HD
    video signal. Where does it specifically say HD players will be
    backwards compatible with NTSC tv's?
    You putting yourself to sleep again?
    Haha. Have you even been reading this thread? Every single poster in
    this thread has been attacking YOU, not me, dumbass. I'm becoming more
    and more convinced that you've created yourself some kind of alternate
    reality where you're a tech god that only writes facts and is beloved by
    everybody. Sad...

    Black Locust, Feb 18, 2005
  14. Allan

    Black Locust Guest

    Redundant should be your middle name.

    Black Locust, Feb 18, 2005
  15. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Some software is "local"... others are not... pretty simple no?

    Shall I repeat?

    'newsreader: A local software application (client program)'

    So... what "software: again is google? Oh yeah... it's

    'newsreader: A local software application (client program)'
    Oh... so the google web site is a "Viewing" software?

    Oh man... that is a stretch even for you.

    ?

    'newsreader: A local software application (client program)'

    And that isn't google.... even by your "lack of logic".

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    Allan, Feb 25, 2005
  16. Allan

    Allan Guest

    S-Video out is some odd connection?

    What part of that picture did you not understand?
    Attacking me? :eek:)

    You.... and you.

    ?

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_