beautiful laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by asx2sf, May 14, 2008.

1. asx2sf

asx2sf

If you are looking for a sleek, compact, powerful and feature rich laptop then this is the one for you. Just be prepared to spend a day removing all the crappy software that comes with it.

I love the finish on this machine and the keyboard is great. It is also very thin and light yet still has an internal DVD. The audio controls, headphone and mic jacks and card readers are all nicely placed on the front. At 1366 by 768 you get a good deal of width for a 11" screen, although you will have to scroll up and down a little more than usual.

The Solid State Drive makes a notable difference when booting the machine and opening applications. The 2GB of RAM is great too as it is pretty much mandatory for running Vista for a Power User like me (ie multi-tasking).

I would have given the laptop 5 stars had it not been for the HUGE amount of trialware (as in installed but will expire in 30 or 60 days) that comes with this laptop including trial stuff from Sony themselves! (grr!) Having AOL on there was especially aggravating since it does not include an uninstaller (I found out that as long as you don't open it and install it, you can just delete all the files you find by doing a Search.)

One last note, I bought an external 320GB WD Passport drive to compensate for the small HDD from www.escgate.com. the price is cheap. Its a good practice to store backups off the laptop anyways and it makes it easier for moving my files from one computer to another.

asx2sf, May 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question