    it seems that after installing bearshare we have trouble entering our
    gmail account. Has anyone experienced this problem?
    Thanks

    magamago, May 31, 2006

  2. magamago

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, May 31, 2006

  3. magamago

    Evan Platt Guest

    "THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
    expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."

    Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
    type those words into a search engine.

    Evan Platt, May 31, 2006
  4. magamago

    Pennywise Guest

    |>On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:31:08 -0700, wrote:
    |>
    |>>ummmmm bearshare
    |>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31675

    |>"THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
    |>expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."
    |>
    |>Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
    |>type those words into a search engine.

    We know that, and the more I read the article the more it seem'd a
    panic article.

    But I did do a search of bearshare it takes you here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BearShare
    and a "See also" links take you here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware#Routes_of_infection :)

    Pennywise, May 31, 2006
  5. magamago

    Jimchip Guest

    That's a good article (including links).

    I'll just chime in and mention that if one get's involved with any type of
    "file sharing" (gnutella, napster,...whoever, outside of "request-receive)
    then one is making their computer a type of "server", whether they are ready
    for it or not.
    Sorta along the lines I said above but the direct "file sharing" is a
    bigger problem as opposed to being "dummied" by a trojan.

    WinXP "shared folders" can be a security problem..."file sharing networks"
    are a problem in spades, (or whatever trump is).

    Jimchip, Jun 1, 2006
  6. magamago

    Plato Guest

    Dont use file sharing programs for best results.

    Plato, Jun 1, 2006
  7. magamago

    ellis_jay Guest

    If its a double run bid buck and a half. ( Don't mean to talk across the
    board)

    *wink*

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales