    would auto' kill "bearshare" but i can't get it to download.

    Are there any other programmes that will kill "bearshare?
    Many thanks

    anOLDun, Nov 30, 2005

  2. anOLDun: Did you run this program http://www.bearshare.com/ on your machine
    ? Sounds like some spyware is on your machine. I'm sure you know this by now
    @¿@. Locate these files / boot into safe mode / try deleting these files
    from safe mode. Also open task manager and take a look see what is running
    on your machine. (application & processes tab) Good luck with your problem.
    OLD wise man said: be very careful what you put in your machine. +=+

    MotorCityMadMan, Dec 1, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    Noel Paton Guest

    Check the version of NoAdware you're using - if it's lower than v3, then
    update it.

    otherwise....
    such problems are often caused by spyware - download Ad-Aware from
    www.lavasoftusa.com, install, update, and run it to remove spyware, adware,
    and other such nasties from your system.
    No one anti-spyware product is enough to remove everything (and NoAdware is
    far from being the best) - you may also need others.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Dec 1, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    John Guest

    Semantec AV 10 series (NOT NORTON) has been really good about the
    spyware crap. It is much easier to scan for viruses and spyware all in
    one shot. And less of a memory hog for those with "less fortunate
    machines."

    John, Dec 30, 2005