    MG

    Oh, and no OE flames please.... leave flaming to the ones who know how to,
    The Pier Queens of Christopher St. NYC

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Muse Gruppes

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Muse Gruppes

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
    24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Run OE6, Press F1 (for Help) , click Search tab , in the keywork field
    type or cut/paste

    bcc

    Do the search, then the rest is easy simply follow the instructions on
    how to view the bcc field.

    Me

    why?, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Muse Gruppes

    Evan Platt Guest

    See the reply to your question from beenthere.

    Evan Platt, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Muse Gruppes

    Mike Easter Guest

    That will only serve to CC hir friends; reply to all for a newsgroup
    message doesn't give access to the BCC field, only CC and Reply-To
    fields.

    If s/he configures to view all headers, it only enhances how the
    newsgroup header is accessed, with the ability to add or change
    newsgroups, followups, plus keywords and 'distribution' fields.

    Mike Easter, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Muse Gruppes

    Mike Easter Guest

    Beenthere sez use help on bcc. BCC works properly for mailonly
    function. BCC doesn't appear to me to be accessible in newsgroup 'reply
    to all' function in OE6 SP1. I don't have/use IE/OE6 SP2 for XP.

    Mike Easter, Aug 23, 2006
  7. Muse Gruppes

    why? Guest

    Oops, right. clicked wrong reply to :-( reply group newgroup doesn't
    show BCC, it does Newsgroups, Followup-To, Cc, Reply-To, Distribution.

    I guess it's the OE flame time then?

    Or maybe, reply group for the newspost and then a Forward of the
    outgoing message with the To/Bcc..

    OP could get Forte Agent, it does as requested :)

    Me

    why?, Aug 23, 2006
  8. That's not a option in OE. If you want to use BCC, you need to either
    start a separate e-mail and copy/paste the newsgroup text OR after
    posting, view the message in the newsgroup and Forward it.

    Michael Santovec, Aug 23, 2006
  9. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    Forte looks nice, but there's a (monthly?( charge and I don't make USENET my
    life....so

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 23, 2006
  10. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    best idea I've heard so far, Thanks

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 23, 2006
  11. Muse Gruppes

    Evan Platt Guest

    For the news service, yes. Not for the software.

    Evan Platt, Aug 23, 2006
  12. Muse Gruppes

    why? Guest

    But it does, allow reply to post with BCC, it works with both email and
    usenet.
    As Evan said, it's the Forte newsservice that the monthly charge.
    http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

    If you register the software you do pay the fee for that,
    http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php , there is a 3 month cap trial
    of thier service just now. Otherwise you may be okay with the freeware
    http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php
    version, oh well it's retired in the new V4.0 you may still be able to
    get a v3.x download.

    Me

    why?, Aug 23, 2006
  13. Muse Gruppes

    richard Guest

    Actually, what you want to do can't be done directly. Newsgroups and email
    are two different things.
    Even though both behave similarily, the difference lies mainly in the
    headers. As a test though, post to a newsgroup, then bcc yourself and see
    what happens.

    richard, Aug 24, 2006
  14. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    Hmmm... that's not bad, I need to re-read that site. I already have a
    news server that I can use (Road Runner)

    Thanks...

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 24, 2006
  15. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    "I’d like to begin a free 30-day trial of Agent

    Select this option if you’d like to sample the full-featured version of
    Agent (also known as Trialware) before making your final purchase
    decision. Later on, if you purchase Agent, you can enter your
    Registration Key with the menu option, Help | Enter Registration Key.
    If at the end of the 30-day trial period you choose not to order a
    registration key, you may read all messages that you have retrieved, but
    all online commands will be disabled"

    Hmmm....

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 24, 2006
  16. Muse Gruppes

    Pennywise Guest

    They've changed then, I started using Agent at version .98 and there
    has always been a freeware version available; guess till now.

    Pennywise, Aug 24, 2006
  17. mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    They discontinued Free Agent with the release of Agent 4.0, according to
    their website. But I'm sure that one could find Free Agent available for
    download somewhere.

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 25, 2006
  18. (posting from msnews not USENET)
    Initiate the post with Ctrl-Shift-R and end it with Send Later
    --with the intention of editing the E-mail portion in the Outbox.
    (E.g., Alt-F,W Alt-F,L assuming that leaves Work Offline set
    and also assuming that automatic sending is not in effect
    while Work Offline is set.)

    Then switch to your Outbox or a Find window for its current contents.
    (e.g. Ctrl-Shift-F,Alt-B,S,CursorUp Alt-c,F4,Enter,Enter)

    and edit the E-mail portion. (E.g. open it then use View, All Headers
    and do what you want in the BCC: header field.)

    BTW this same procedure can be used to add some private comments
    to the E-mail. (Just be sure that you're editing the E-mail portion then
    and not the news message portion. <eg>)

    FYI

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---