  1. kim

    Adrian Guest

    The freesat package does not require a phone connection.

    Adrian, Nov 17, 2005

  2. kim

    Paul Cummins Guest

    A direct debit can be cancelled in seconds, and cannot be reinstated
    without your consent.

    Paul Cummins, Nov 17, 2005

  3. kim

    Alex Heney Guest

    Direct debit is *much* easier to cancel than Credit Card Continuous
    Authority.

    Alex Heney, Nov 17, 2005
  4. kim

    Ivor Jones Guest

    That's true, but for anyone with more than 2 recorders it gets a bit
    expensive even with the cheap boxes. Plus it's an awful lot of extra
    spaghetti behind the set(s)..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 18, 2005
  5. kim

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    Even my old Nokia On Digital box is capable of that. In fact it's still a
    good piece of kit, if a trifle large compared to the new ones. The only
    thing it won't support is the new teletext system they're using.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 18, 2005
  6. kim

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Ok, point taken.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 18, 2005
  7. kim

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    Indeed. You can even cancel a DD online, in fact I did so the other day.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 18, 2005
  8. kim

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    The phone line connection is another reason I wouldn't touch Sky with a
    bargepole.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 18, 2005
  9. kim

    Mark Carver Guest

    But it would seem that it's not needed for the Freesat package ?

    Mark Carver, Nov 18, 2005
  10. kim

    davek Guest

    Yes, even as I posted the suggestion I was trying to work out how you
    would wire up such a set-up. Could be very messy.

    d.

    davek, Nov 18, 2005
  11. kim

    steve Guest

    Not necessarily, my last VCR now given to my parents can be set to start
    recording when there is a signal on a certain scart pin - so they set it
    up in that mode and set the recording from the Sky personal planner.

    steve, Nov 19, 2005
  12. kim

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Sony call it Synchro-recording, both my DVD machines have it, but I've
    never tried to use it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 19, 2005
  13. kim

    Adrian Guest

    I use it on my Panasonic DVD recorder, I find it very useful.

    Adrian, Nov 20, 2005