    JB Guest

    That was exactly my point!

    /JB

    JB, Dec 17, 2003

  2. (pehache) wrote in
    Yes.

    Maybe I was unclear.

    It is of course high frequencies that are aliased.

    But, if you have a sharp lens and take a picture of
    a sharp edge, then this edge contains high frequencies.
    If this edge then is slightly slanted, then you will get
    a very strong staircase lookalike effect. This is aliasing
    and the staircase effect is low frequency, i.e. it is larger
    than one pixel. Looks bad - really bad.

    If you add an anti alias filter (or the lens simply is not
    sharp enough), then you will not get any aliasing. You can
    still get a staircase effect on upscaling. But the "stairs"
    are one pixel large only.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Dec 17, 2003

  3. K2

    Mike Engles Guest

    Hello

    That was the problem. I was looking at A300 images.
    Blurry!

    Mike Engles

    Mike Engles, Dec 17, 2003
  4. K2

    Mike Engles Guest

    Hello

    The Canons have no texture. Not much of a choice.

    Mike Engles

    Mike Engles, Dec 18, 2003
  5. K2

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    The Canon SLRs have about as much texture as can be properly sampled in
    a CFA. If they had three concentric RGB sensors for each pixel, then
    they would require a little less AA filtering, but would still look
    softer than SD9 images at a 1:1 viewing. The SD9 pulls out all the
    stops, and cheats the laws of sampling to give images that are sharp due
    to artifact, on a pixel-by-pixel basis rather than truly sharp
    continuous *images*. Anyone who thinks the SD9 gives sharp, realistic
    images needs to have their heads examined. It is quite obvious that the
    SD9 images look sharp because they only sample a fraction of the area of
    the focal plane that they pretend to be sampling, so there's lots of
    contrast from pixel to pixel.

    JPS, Dec 18, 2003
  6. I was wondering why all the bricks in my pics show in straw weaving, thanks!

    George Preddy, Dec 18, 2003