    Likes Received:
    0
    LOL

    ZAK18, Jul 4, 2005

    unholy, Jul 4, 2005

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Eureka California
    I wondered why my geforce fx 5200 was so laggy when playing :( Alas time to upgrade to a nvidia 6800nu.

    Ludnix, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    ProfLiebstrom

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2005
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    The older gfx cards won't work because you need a card with 1.4 pixel shader.
    I also assume you just got the stats of what vid cards people have off the steam site?
    Some of those people are only running hl1 and mods. I bet a lot of them at that. Which is an ancient game now. BF2 is a brand new game so it makes sense that you need better hardware for it!
    Some of the older cards work though with EVERYTHING on low and at 800 x 600 by changing your AGP size from 8x to 4x

    ProfLiebstrom, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    It's the whole DX9 thing. I got a radeon 9600 pro (DX9 based card) ~2 years ago so it didn't bother me when it came time for me to play the demo. 2 of my friends had to upgrade their video cards because they bought it and couldn't play it :) I have a 6600GT now aswell.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i have had a dx7 video card since back in 2000 and a non dx compatable since 1994 :|

    unholy, Sep 2, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    That's no good :( What have you got?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 2, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    A nv Tnt2 (such a rare one, the 16mb version :|)
    i dont know that the PCI vga is called... all i can say is its not coming out of the cupboard until i break it :D

    unholy, Sep 3, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Hmmmm yes I think it might be time for an upgradarino ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 3, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hows about a 9200se for spare, another in the workstation... and a x600pro in the beast :|

    unholy, Sep 3, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    Fluffy pink bunny

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2005
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    dude ea games r stupid

    though i am not a big fan of the g force series i do belive that bf2 shud support gforce 4,
    feel sorry for all u poorbys who cant afford ne thing better :wink:

    Fluffy pink bunny, Sep 16, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    stupid border thing, wonder why it does that... Yeah, GeForces were just fine for most people, didnt need a new videocard, now to play BF2 they do just because the programmers were lazy.

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol they aren't poorby's they just couldn't be bothered to up grade... but then theres dean... now hes a poorby... he cant even afford to get a new gcard when he has 5000 dollars in his bank...

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005