    Greetings! I generally prefer to use optical viewfinder. How long the
    rechargeable NiMH batteries - [1800 to 2200 MAh] will last if I do
    not use LCD viewer? Any personal experience? With thanks.

    zxcvar, May 10, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Again,

    The batteries NiMH batteries used in a DX4530 model camera should do well
    for you. The higher the Mah, the longer the battery charge should last.
    So, the number of exposures you make will be higher, or presumably so
    considering the higher Mah. The use of other features will also dictate how
    much power is used, so it is hard to determine exactly the number of
    exposures or minutes the batteries may be viable.

    You should consider
    a.. The age of the batteries (new in this case)
    b.. The type of batteries
    c.. Your use of flash
    d.. Your use of the LCD
    e.. What resolution you use for images
    With fully charged 2200 Mah batteries used with a camera with minimum
    settings, you should get quite a good number of exposures.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird, May 11, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    zxcvar Guest

    Thank you for your reply. In May issue of Consumer Reports, it is
    reported that with LCD on the batteries will last for 60 shots. In
    another review,[probably Imaging Resorces] the reviewer commented that
    without LCD use the batteries will last for 14 [fourteen] hours. A big
    difference between these two reviews. Any comments. With thanks.

    zxcvar, May 12, 2004
  4. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Zxcvar,

    I am sure the test is good, and 60 is a good number in the state noted - LCD
    on etc., still, using a Nickel Metal Hydride battery should give you a good
    number of shots. It is really based on the content and resolution of the
    image, as well as the camera and how you use it. At minimum settings you
    should be able to get an average full days shooting unless you are at an
    event like a wedding or party etc. In that case I would have a back up to
    take along. A battery charger is a valued item when you need it.

    Talk to you soon, let me know if you have questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 13, 2004