    Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both ends
    with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them come
    back to life.

    reid decker, Apr 22, 2004

  2. reid decker

    one_red_eye Guest

    Kiss my what?

    one_red_eye, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Actually, most kitchen sponges were never "alive" to begin with. They
    are composed of synthetic and petroleum materials rather than made from
    (formerly) living animals, so it is highly unlikely that they would
    "come back to life".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2004
  4. reid decker

    Juan Pérez Guest

    I guess I'll have to give up fried sponge 'n eggs, then. :)

    Juan Pérez, Apr 22, 2004
  5. A decent sponge quesadilla with a few Dosxx sounds good about now. The
    sponge may affect the number of Dosxx one could consume before
    spontaneous combustion spoils the evening yet again.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2004
  6. reid decker

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Rôgêr captured everyone's attention with this jabberwocky:
    Garçon, bring Mr. Creosote a synthetic sponge chimichanga for dessert.
    Synthetic sponge, having been once a petroleum product was, at one long,
    long time ago a shiteload of living creatures and therefore presumed
    edible. Just to hasten the fiery explosion, no?

    Juan Pérez, Apr 22, 2004
  7. reid decker

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: Rôgêr stated for the record...
    LOL
    I wouldn't be so sure, I had a nasty experience with a reanimated loofah
    once...

    slylittlei, Apr 22, 2004
  8. reid decker

    reid decker Guest

    SHYLOCK: VERY FUNNY. YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. BUT THE
    BATTERIES MIGHT COME BACK...USE THE GREEN SIDE, NOT THE FAKE SPONGE.

    reid decker, Apr 22, 2004
  9. reid decker

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: reid decker stated for the record...

    Well if you insist, but handy household tips are no substitute for a pound
    of flesh... <eg>

    slylittlei, Apr 22, 2004
  10. reid decker

    trout Guest

    So, was he calling you the 'Merchant of Venom'? Or was that
    'Malice'? (Since this thread's already got more bad jokes than you could
    shake a spear at.)

    trout, Apr 22, 2004
  11. reid decker

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: trout stated for the record...
    Beats me, as the Hamlet said of the egg-whisk... ;-)

    slylittlei, Apr 23, 2004
  12. reid decker

    Pat Guest

    BALONEY!

    Pat, Apr 23, 2004
  13. reid decker

    Guest Guest

    This isn't aa crazy as it might sound, if you add a few qualifications.

    If you overcharge NiCad and NiMH batteries, they get very hot and
    gas-out some of their contents, which does leave a non-conductive film
    on the terminals.

    Removing this film can bring the battery "back to life".

    Of course the best idea would be to bin the charger and get one that
    protectes the batteries against overcharging.

    If you can see fine white crystals near the terminals, you are
    probably overcharging. (aka Barclay's Bank syndrome)

    Guest, Apr 23, 2004