    Dave Cohen Guest

    Irfanview is free and does the job. Probably any number of others.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, May 5, 2004

  2. Dave Cohen

    WebKatz Guest

    I'm looking for an app that will handle batch resizing for both
    landscape and portrait images. For my website I save my horizontals at
    325 x 244 and my verticals at 188 x 300. Unless I'm missing something,
    the software I've looked at will only let you define one output size.
    There seems to be no way to say, "save the verticals as this and save
    the horizontals as this."

    Is there any app out there that will do what I need? Maybe with a
    different batch export size option, like maybe "fit to area?"

    TIA,

    Dave

    WebKatz, May 5, 2004

  3. Dave Cohen

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Photoshop can do this. I would think it to be a pretty standard
    operation, at least it is for me.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, May 5, 2004
  4. Dave Cohen

    Bill Hilton Guest

    I don't think Photoshop can batch this unless you put the landscape shots in
    one folder and the portrait shots in a separate folder and run different
    actions on them. There is no way for an action to make a branch based on the
    orientation of the files. The only way you could handle both orientations is
    if you reduced each file by the exact same percentage, but that doesn't sound
    like the case here.

    How would you do it in Photoshop to get around this?

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 5, 2004
  5. Dave Cohen

    Pete Guest

    JpegSizer does this very nicely, and it's free.

    http://www.seanet.com/~pgm/jpegsizer.htm

    Pete, May 5, 2004
  6. Dave Cohen

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Actually Bill, considering that the OP asking the question represents a
    continuing problem with auction posts in this newsgroup, I'm just not
    inclined to give any details of how to do this, at least in the NG.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, May 5, 2004
  7. SNIP
    My exact sentiments.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, May 6, 2004
  8. Dave Cohen

    WebKatz Guest

    Love you guys too...

    WebKatz, May 6, 2004
  9. Dave Cohen

    WebKatz Guest

    I've had problems with this in PS as well. I always ended up with my
    landscapes getting re-sized to the height I'd set for my portraits.
    But I tried Dave Cohen's suggestion (thanks) and ran a batch using
    Irfanview and it worked great.

    Don't know if this is an issue for PS6, or if I just had my batch
    setting wrong, but since Irfanview will do what I want it doesn't much
    matter.

    Thanks to (almost) all,

    Dave

    WebKatz, May 6, 2004
  10. Dave Cohen

    Lisa Horton Guest

    That makes one of us...

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, May 6, 2004
  11. Dave Cohen

    Webkatz Guest

    Awwww, you're breakin' my widdle freakin' heart there lady,

    really...

    Webkatz, May 6, 2004