    claims to have batch processing capability, amongst other things, and is
    free.

    Ewan

    Ewan Sinclair, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Ewan Sinclair

    BG250 Guest

    Jasc, the makers of Paint Shop Pro, used to sell a program called Image
    Robot that would allow you to perform batch manipulations to image files,
    such as convert file type, resize and several possible adjustments to the
    image itself. It looks like they don't offer this anymore. Can anyone
    recommend a batch editor that is a reasonable prince or free (without the
    spyware). I see there is at least one software out there, but I'd like
    advice on which works good for you.
    Thanks bg

    BG250, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Ewan Sinclair

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Most likely because they've finally added scripting capability to
    PSP8.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Ewan Sinclair

    Nils Rostedt Guest

    Irfanview.

    Nils Rostedt, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Ewan Sinclair

    Chris Quinn Guest

    Batch processing and scripting is built in to PSP 8 - I use it regularly to
    create thumbnails for my web pages.

    Look on the menu under File/Batch/Process

    Chris Quinn, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Ewan Sinclair

    BG250 Guest

    I had the feeling that's what it was. I use Psp5. Psp7 was half the speed.
    Is 8 any better?
    bg

    BG250, Dec 8, 2003
  7. Ewan Sinclair

    Crownfield Guest

    PhotoBatch.

    It even batch unsharpens and batch gamma corrects.

    Crownfield, Dec 8, 2003
  8. Ewan Sinclair

    Q Guest

    BG250 - typed:
    PSP8.1 takes ~10secs to load (XP1800+, 512MB RAM on WinXP) & is slightly
    slower than PSP7.04 when running. PSP8 was more or less built from the
    ground up rather than a rewrite of PSP7.

    To me, it was well worth the upgrade from v7. Scripting (using Python)
    can be run in batches, either with or without interactive steps. EXIF
    data is retained during editing, the UI has had a makeover & all menus &
    toolbars can now be customised. Crop includes keep aspect ratio &
    presets can be stored for this & other tools. Text is easier, layers can
    be grouped & JPG2000 format is supported, a new tool called Background
    Eraser has been added & the Browser has jpg lossless rotation.

    I find the ease of use vastly outweighs its slowness which isn't that
    bad anyhow. Its price make it a bargain IMO. Most wrinkles have been
    removed with the latest update.

    Q, Dec 8, 2003
  9. Imagemagick. Good article at:-

    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-graf/?ca=dnt-428

    All the tools are command line batch tools, easily scriptable. Can resize,
    flip, convert format, rotate, annotate, solarize, unsharp mask, sharpen,
    monochrome, etc, etc. Free and open source software.

    Mike.

    Mike Brodbelt, Dec 8, 2003
  10. Also, check out SkyView available on download.com
    It will crop, resize, sharpen, blur, gamma correct, color correct, remove noise,
    as well as slightly more advanced operations like drop shadow, feather edges,
    etc. Everything can be applied in batch processing.
    Its free to try plus the author(s) are eager to listen to customer requests.

    BarryC

    BarryC at SkylarkDVD, Dec 9, 2003
  11. Ewan Sinclair

    Steve Zodiac Guest

    Acdsee 6.0 will batch process but is limited to resizing and or file rename.
    This suits me just fine. I have used Irobot by Jasc and it is quite good.

    Steve Zodiac, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Ewan Sinclair

    Jerry Maple Guest

    Looking at the batch menu, Irfanview lets you do the following:
    Batch Rename:
    Copy to new directory,
    Move to new directory, or
    Overwrite current directory
    Batch Conversion:
    Between formats (JPG, BMP, TIFF, etc),
    Crop,
    Resize,
    Flip,
    Rotate,
    Sharpen,
    Adjust Brightness,
    Adjust Contrast,
    Gamma Correction,
    Adjust Color Balance

    I have only used the batch rename, so I can't vouch for how the others
    work.

    The batch crop doesn't look too useful - lets you specify the X and Y
    coordinates of the upper left corner of the cropped picture, along with the
    length and width. I would think you would lose parts of the picture you
    didn't want to lose unless you were looking at the picture while you
    cropped.

    Jerry Maple, Dec 10, 2003
  13. Ewan Sinclair

    Rafe B. Guest

    Xnview. Quite an extensive list of image
    modifications available. Very simple to use.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Dec 11, 2003