    jpegs??

    (I have CS2 as my main photo editing software)

    SS

    simon, Oct 18, 2005

  2. simon

    Jimmy Guest

    Use file>scripts>image processor.

    Jimmy, Oct 18, 2005

  3. simon

    Ed Gein Guest

    free and easy:
    http://www.irfanview.com

    Ed Gein, Oct 18, 2005
  4. simon

    Lorem Ipsum Guest

    My God, Man! You spent a fortune for the best imaging software on the
    planet, and you don't know if you can do that automatically? See HELP
    AUTOMATE. What a concept, that Help thing, eh?

    Lorem Ipsum, Oct 18, 2005
  5. simon

    Lorem Ipsum Guest

    Yeah, let's keep pointing this CS2 owner to free utilities until the
    obsolete-bit in his software kicks in.

    Lorem Ipsum, Oct 18, 2005
  6. Dr. Brown's Image Processor.

    http://russellbrown.com/

    It's a script that runs in CS and is very easy to use. He also has
    tutorials on the site.

    John McWilliams, Oct 19, 2005
  7. simon

    Jimmy Guest

    According to the Brown website, this is for CS and not for CS2. It directs
    the user to use the CS2 Image Processor function.
    http://russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

    Jimmy, Oct 19, 2005
  8. Quite right. He states:

    Alert! This script will not work with CS2. Fear not! Dr. Brown's Image
    Processor is now built into Adobe Photoshop CS2, and it's simply called
    the Image Processor.
    You can access this new version of the Image Processor from within the
    new Adobe Bridge application. Choose Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor.

    John McWilliams, Oct 19, 2005
  9. From within CS2 it's File > Scripts > Image Processor

    William Oertell, Oct 19, 2005
  10. simon

    simon Guest

    thanks all...

    I'd found the Image Processor before I posted.

    If I can quote the help file
    "The Image Processor works with Photoshop (PSD), JPEG, and camera raw
    files."

    I was fooled by the fact that it doesn't mention Tiff files...

    SS

    simon, Oct 19, 2005
  11. simon

    Matt Ion Guest

    www.irfanview.com

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0542-1, 10/18/2005
    Tested on: 10/18/2005 11:56:33 PM

    Matt Ion, Oct 19, 2005
  12. simon

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Irfanview. Free, works well.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 19, 2005
  13. simon

    Ron Hunter Guest

    By the time you guys figure out how to USE the PhotoShop method, you
    could have downloaded, installed, and USED Irfanview to do the job.
    Sometimes a simple tool is better.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 19, 2005
  14. simon

    Ed Gein Guest

    If he spent all that money and has to ask how to convert
    files, why not help him, poor soul? :) You'd make him
    spend even more money, wouldn't you??

    Ed Gein, Oct 19, 2005
  15. simon

    Ed Gein Guest

    But you can't feel like a pro if you don't buy Photoshop to
    rotate 90° a picture!
    And that feeling has no price! :-D

    Ed Gein, Oct 19, 2005
  16. simon

    Ray Fischer Guest

    "Irfanview" is not the answer to every question starting
    with "how do I ...?"

    Ray Fischer, Oct 19, 2005
  17. simon

    poddys Guest

    You can also do a lot of batch processing with Thumbs Plus
    (http://www.cerious.com).
    It's great for creating thumbnails, slideshows, editing and also for
    reducing size/quality of images. Highly recommended.

    poddys, Oct 19, 2005
  18. simon

    Celcius Guest

    You're absolutely right, Ray.
    Besides, Simon also says: "I have CS2 as my main photo editing software"
    I guess what he wants is primarily to do it with CS2
    Cheers,
    Marcel

    Celcius, Oct 19, 2005
  19. simon

    Lorem Ipsum Guest

    It would be 'nice' to help the guy, but it's a personal thing; I've grown to
    disrespect people with more dollars than sense, especially when they don't
    even make an effort to help themselves.

    Lorem Ipsum, Oct 19, 2005
  20. simon

    kctan Guest

    If you have to work with photoshop only, use actions and automate to batch
    convert the files.
    procedures:
    1. create a new folder and copy all the tiff files into this folder.
    2. open any 1 file from this new folder in photoshop.
    3. Before you do anything, open the action palette to show.
    4. click on the "create new set" icon just at the bottom of the palette.
    default is set 1...or you can rename it.
    5. click on the "create new action" icon also just at the bottom of the
    palette and the recording button will be "on" in red. default name action
    1..or you can rename it.
    6. You are going to record what you are doing now and remember the set and
    action names. (I assume set 1 and action 1)
    7. under file menu, click "save as" the opened file and browse under format
    for JPG to save.
    8. This time, go to file menu again but click on automate>batch....
    9. Under set and action, choose the one you had created.
    10. Under source and destination, choose for the new folder you had create
    where you copy the tiff files in. clicks ok and wait for PS to do the job
    for you. When done, you will find all the newly created JPG files in the new
    folder.

    kctan, Oct 19, 2005