    I'm looking for batch conversion software that converts RGB files into
    Greyscales. I only have Elements 3 and this action is not possible with
    Adobe Elements. Anyone? (i prefer freeware :). Thanks! Peter

    beeldbouwer, Nov 1, 2005

  2. Irfanview

    Gordon

    Gordon MacPherson, Nov 1, 2005

  3. beeldbouwer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Going to be pretty tough getting Irfanview to run on Mac OS X.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 1, 2005
  4.
    Gordon MacPherson, Nov 1, 2005
  5. Graphic Converter?

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 2, 2005
  6. beeldbouwer

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    Graphic Converter might do this.

    Shawn Hirn, Nov 2, 2005
  7. beeldbouwer

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    This is a little after the fact, but I was curious how to do this in
    ImageMagick, so here's what I learned, passed on for posterity's sake:

    First you install ImageMagick, which is free open-source software.
    There's a Mac OS X installer here:
    <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/>, or you can install it under
    fink.

    Then you open up Terminal and type something like this:

    mogrify -colorspace GRAY *.jpg

    This will change all .jpg files to grayscale, in place. (Mogrify
    replaces the original files with whatever you told it to do, so be sure
    and work on backups.)

    That's power.

    Paul Mitchum, Nov 17, 2005