  1. jowl

    Jimchip Guest

    Synchronize the urls for offline viewing.

    Jimchip, Jul 7, 2003

  2. jowl

    Mara Guest

    If your explanation is in fact the case, you can certainly try, but I would
    guess that you're going to grind to a halt in short order. And fairly often.

    "A weather forecaster that can't use a shift key? That makes sense, for values
    of "sense" that actually make no sense at all."

    Mara, Jul 7, 2003

  3. jowl

    jowl Guest

    See I can use my shift key. Does that make me on the up and up, genius? I
    guess my 23 years as a military weather forecaster mean nothing compared to
    being able to use my shift key... Perhaps they should rename this group to
    24hourA-holes.nonhelpdesk.

    To the few people who actually tried to help me out, thank you. To the rest
    of you nitwits, $%^&* off!

    jowl, Jul 7, 2003
  4. jowl

    jowl Guest

    jowl, Jul 7, 2003
  5. jowl

    Mara Guest

    What, was actually typing using proper usage, in order to make your posts easier
    to read and yourself look like a reasonably serious, intelligent poster too much
    work for you?

    "Perhaps "they" should rename _you_ to "lazy whiner."

    <snip>

    Mara, Jul 7, 2003
  6. jowl

    jowl Guest

    Well, obviously you know nothing about "support", or "help", or computers
    for that matter. So do us all a favor and don't post anymore messages in
    this newsgroup. If we need our grammar or spelling critiqued, we'll be sure
    and get in touch with you. Leave the computer questions to people who know
    what they're doing.

    jowl, Jul 7, 2003
  7. jowl

    jowl Guest

    You rock! It worked perfectly! Here's the BAT file, if anyone's
    interested... I still have to add around 20 more sites. Thanks a lot.

    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/east/animation/goeseastir.html
    ping -n 4 127.0.0.1
    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html
    ping -n 4 127.0.0.1
    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://weather.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.kakq.shtml
    ping -n 4 127.0.0.1
    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/taf.shtml
    ping -n 4 127.0.0.1
    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://adds.aviationweather.gov/tafs/java/
    ping -n 4 127.0.0.1
    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://adds.aviationweather.gov/metars/java/
    ping -n 4 127.0.0.1
    start/max "F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

    jowl, Jul 7, 2003
  8. jowl

    Jimchip Guest

    Who's the "do us all a favor"- "we need our"- "we'll be sure" that
    you are talking about?

    Don't tell me- Others, who wish to remain nameless, have emailed their
    support.
    [snip]

    Jimchip, Jul 7, 2003
  9. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:20:51
    -0400, jowl uttered this:
    Who's this "we" you refer to??
    It's also quite likely, that Mara knows a damn sight more than you do about
    computers, as she's an admin.
    Also FYI, this group is not *specifically* for answering computer questions.
    No need to reply, I shan't see it.

    William Poaster, Jul 7, 2003
  10. When you say "We" you are trying to speak for the lot of us. Do me a
    favor and:

    1) don't try speaking for me
    2) bugger off

    During this whole thread, you have appeared to have a stick lodged
    somewhere. I suggest you remove it. (Case in point, your reply as to
    why you want 30 IE screens opened by a .bat file, and the referenced
    message above)

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 7, 2003
  11. jowl

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Mara continued:
    Not really fair, sometimes we all get lazy, and misuse or omit punctuation.
    He obviously isn't a fool, and he *has* given a viable reason for wanting to
    open 30 windows at once - and I was as sceptical as anyone.

    "I'm as stubborn as a very stubborn mule, but if I can do it..." ;-)

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  12. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, she does.
    That too.
    Wrong again!
    Who is "us"? Please don't speak for me, or anybody else but
    yourself.
    I feel a few kkkk's coming on....
    Who is this "we"? Please don't speak for me, or anybody else
    but yourself.
    "our"? Please speak for yourself only.
    Again, please don't speak for me, or anybody else but yourself.
    You didn't exactly inspire confidence, at first, did you?
    I suspect Mara may have been reacting to that.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2003
  13. jowl

    Michael Guest

    They're plurals of 'Chalanx'.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 13, 2003
  14. jowl

    Paul T Wang Guest

    You can use CHOICE or SLEEP

    type choice /? or sleep /? for more info.

    Paul T Wang, Jul 15, 2003